𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎. the one with the heist

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི               CHAPTER 22.
࿐                      ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉⁱˢᵗ

      NIGHT HAS FALLEN, and on the various back roads and main ways of Beacon Hills, many members of the Sheriff's Department, including Sheriff Stilinski himself, in a chase after receiving numerous calls about strange sightings

      Meanwhile, Stiles and Scott are in the Jeep, where they're listening to the conversation on Stiles' police radio while they follow Sheriff. Peter rides on top of the Jeep in his spider suit, not dangling his feet, having been told how truly terrifying this Beast is. He can't seem to relax for the time being. His mask is scanning as fast as his eyes can move— barely knowing what he's searching for.

"Unit 6 to Dispatch? We have a situation downtown. Multiple fatalities."

"Copy. Medics on the way. Do you have a perp in sight, Unit 6?"

"Negative. Looks like a 10-91E. Animal attack."

"10-4. Can you say what kind of animal?"

Stiles ignores the wail of the police sirens as he reaches for the radio he had installed himself — a bit janky he'd admit, but it worked nonetheless in connecting to the police car frequency. "All units stay back. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage.

Having to remind Stiles for the millionth time it feels, the sheriff responds first. "Stiles, get off the radio!"

Despite not wanting to listen to his som who was, one, not a policeman, and second, a teenager— the Sheriff couldn't deny Stiles' knowledge about exactly what they were chasing. His son had an insight that his whole unit did not, and no matter how terrifying it all was, he had to understand that Stiles was well versed in this new world. So he repeated what Stiles said with a bit more professionalism. "All unit alert— wait for backup. Repeat— no one goes near this thing."

Stiles can't help himself. "Wait for backup!"

       He doesn't announce that their "backup" is Spider-Man directly, wondering how that whole conversation would go down either way. But he felt the jolt of the Jeep when Peter took off in the direction he heard something trampling leaves and leaving trembles in the earth. The blur of a red and blue suit that instilled a bit of confidence in his fathers safety, not as much for Peter's.

"Unit 5 reporting a sighting on Hill Road southbound..."

"Unit 9, I've got it turning off Oakridge, southbound on Beachwood."