𝐓𝐖𝐎. the one where he sits next to him

˚ ༘ ✶ ₊ ˚. ི CHAPTER 2.
࿐    ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʰᵉ ˢⁱᵗˢ ⁿᵉˣᵗ ᵗᵒ ʰⁱᵐ

  ࿐           ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʰᵉ ˢⁱᵗˢ ⁿᵉˣᵗ ᵗᵒ ʰⁱᵐ

"IT'S A DEADPOOL. A HIT LIST OF SUPERNATURAL CREATURES. THIS ISN'T THE ONLY PART OF IT. THE REST STILL HAS TO BE DECODED." Scott mumbled, watching Sheriff Stilinski glaze over the printed list of names, most of which he didn't recognize.

    Sheriff sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Who found this list?"

   "Lydia." Stiles spoke up.

   Sheriff squinted. "How?"

   "She wrote it. Actually, she transcribed it— without realizing it." Stiles explained, his hands moving for emphasis.

   "Banshee?"

   "Banshee."

    Sheriff nodded, saying the word banshee as he would any word, as weird as the concept was. "Beautiful. All right, what are these numbers next to the names?"

   "We're getting to that." Stiles spoke eagerly, so much information to tell and so little words to explain. "First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key."

   Sheriff furrowed his brows, looking at his son. "Wait, you— you mean like a key word?"

   Stiles shrugged. "actually it was a name."

   "Allison." Scott deadpanned, the name feeling foreign in his mouth after so long. "Her name broke a third of the list. And now we think there's two other cipher keys."

   "Which will give us the rest of the names, okay." Sheriff nodded, slightly understanding. "So how do we get the cipher keys?"

    Stiles glanced at Scott briefly before looking back to his dad at his desk. "Same way we got the code."

   "Lydia. She's been at the lake house all weekend trying to figure out the other two key words." Scott spoke calmly, despite the ever so drastic idea at hand. The idea of murdering for a quick buck.

    Sheriff sighed, reading over the names again, trying to recognize any other than Scott, Lydia, and more of Stiles' friends. "You didn't know about Demarco or Carrie? Hmm? And what the other names of the list? Uh, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town. They werewolves too? And, um, Peter— Peter Parker? Why is his number bigger than all the rest?"

   Scott shrugged, none of the names coming to mind. Much less as any of his werewolf buddies. "I don't know. But Deaton said the nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here."

    The sheriff looked at scott with concern. "Here being Beacon Hills? or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000."