CHARACTER PROFILE: the dawn

[face claim courtesy of artbreeder (i tried so hard trying to match features)]

FULL NAME: Aurora Beauregard

ALIASES:
— Dawn ; by Eren Jaeger (He gave her this nickname after learning about the meaning of her name. Sometimes, he forgets that Aurora is her real name because he's so used to referring her as Dawn.)
— Ro ; by Mikasa Ackerman
— Little lady ; later by Reiner Braun (Because she appears as a lady of high nobility.)
— Angel ; later by Sasha Braus
— Little / Little Aurora ; by Grisha and Carla Jaeger (and most people in Shiganshina who knew Aurora)
— Little one ; by Antheia Blumenthal
— Miracle ; by Minerva Beauregard

APPEARANCE:

Aurora has wavy elbow-length bright scarlet hair with shorter locks framing her face. She puts this in a braid, defying Eren's suggestion to cut it off, saying that she can move like anyone else even with her hair longer than necessary. The color comes off as unusual alongside her gold eyes. Flecked with a tiny blue tint when underneath natural and artificial lighting, this eye color is said to only originate from a fallen clan within the Walls. They shine bright when Aurora gets absorbed in any activity that she finds interesting. It can be described as unnerving by a majority of the Training Corps since it's only prominent every time she widens her eyes. It can be observed during her hand-to-hand combat training, when she's talking about her ambitions, or showing respect and concentration. However, according to Eren, they look like tiny suns. Another key feature of hers are the freckles dotting the top of her cheeks and the left dimple that only appears when she smiles too hard.

When she was young, she was quite small for her age. However, after the Fall, Aurora grew a couple of inches and now has the same height as Armin. The very first time trainees for the 104th Training Corps saw her, they thought she's someone from Sina, the wall enclosing a good number of nobles. Because of this, majority of the trainees steer clear of her; they're too intimidated by her outward appearance. But there are some who are brave enough to start a conversation.

As a part of the Training Corps, it is required for her to wear the standard uniform, which she pairs with a long-sleeved white button-down. During free days, she chooses to wear an oversized white button-down that she rolls to her elbows, tucking it in a pair of loose plaid-patterned pants. She likes to accessorize with suspenders, something that Antheia got for her before she took off to the Training Corps.

ABILITIES:

Aurora is known to move faster without being aware of it. On the year 844, she exhibited this when she turned around to enter the woods in hopes of saving Mikasa, leaving Eren behind in mere seconds. Looking back now, she believes that that was a cause of her adrenaline and rapid thoughts of saving Mikasa from the bandits. She also displayed an unexpected surge of strength after encountering two of the bandits who kidnapped Mikasa, twisting one of the men's arm until the palm lay parallel to the forearm. During her time in the Training Corps, Aurora has moments where her body becomes lighter than it already is, a phenomenon that nobody can answer when she asks about it. It's the reason why she passed the aptitude test. As the Training Corps progresses, Aurora proves to be exceptional in 3D Maneuvering and hand-to-hand combat, in which she unarms every person who faces her in the latter part of the training. The only person who can equal her in every physical category of the training regimen is Mikasa.

RELATIONSHIPS:

Childhood Best Friends: Eren Jaeger, Mikasa Ackerman, Armin Arlert
Mother: Minerva Beauregard (Deceased)
Caretaker: Antheia Blumenthal

TRIVIA:

— Etymology of her name: "Aurora" literally means the dawn. It's also used to refer to the natural display of light in the Northern and Southern Hemisphere of the Earth, which is one of the dream sights Aurora wants to see once she's outside the Walls. "Beauregard" is a surname of French origin; beau (fair/lovely) + regard (aspect/outlook). Overall, her surname means a beautiful gaze.

— Her name plays a role in how her character was established. Her name and background is inspired by Sleeping Beauty, with the two namesakes having to stay hidden at the aid of their caretakers.

— Her favorite food is apple pie and anything with eggs in it. An honorable mention is mushroom soup, preferable made by Minerva, her mother (she likes it when she's sick). 

— Aurora can tolerate spicy food and is also has a liking to them.

— She squirms when she eats too-sweet delicacies. She can eat some but when it reaches a certain degree of sweetness, it makes her shiver. Aurora would incorporate her tastes in the pastries that she bakes, claiming that the way she sprinkles sweetness in every batch is just right. Also, when she tries pastries from bakeries, she has the habit of analyzing what ingredients were used, even to the point of jotting down her thoughts in her new journal.

— The birthday she's always known is the day Minerva found her within a box of deliveries.

— She knows how to sew and knit, which led to Eren, Mikasa, and Armin having an influx of clothes after they reunited. Be it scarves, sweaters, shirts, or cardigans, you name it. She stocks up the needed materials every time they're given ample time to roam around the nearest town during their training. Eren's new favorite article of clothing is the green scarf Aurora made for him before their first winter training. He wanted a red scarf like the previous one he owned (which is now Mikasa's) but she told him green makes his eyes pop so he relented, only after he got a fit of malfunctioned flustering.

— Speaking of scarves, Mikasa's red scarf is carefully tended to by Aurora. She offers to mend it when there are tears and also washes it for her. Mikasa is awestruck the first time Aurora washes her scarf in the Training Corps because it smells like her.

— Aurora can draw anything. It was said to that she was supposed to follow in Minerva's footsteps.

— The first portrait she drew was Eren.

— Her favorite flower is the daisy.

— She smells like a fruit. According to Eren, it is "a mixture of sweet and wholesome, almost a blend of the wildflowers found around their tree, the purest vanilla one got from the capital and a hint of berries". It is mostly because of her shampoo and soap, which are fruit-scented; those scents bring her comfort.

— If she could play an instrument, she chooses the violin.

— Other than seeing the ocean and lights, she wants to live peacefully; in a house surrounded by wildflowers where she can watch the sunrise and sunset.

— The song that the author (me) associates Aurora with the most is Taeyeon's Drawing Our Moments and IU's Through the Night. (A special mention that Minerva's character song is Ruelle's Slip Away. Another bonus song for the characters who have a crush on Aurora: Clairo's Softly and Harry Styles' Adore You.)

i've always wanted to do this thing aaaaaa it's finally here !!

tomorrow, i'll be posting maeve's <33

have a good one, lovelies.