Flashback 5

Lou was locked away in a dark room, unable to hear or see anything. She was terrified, but also something inside her was brewing. She still felt remnants of the rage she experienced back at the house where.....she did something. She didn't want to think about it, for fear of spiraling into depression or insanity, which one she would fall into she was not sure of. It seemed like an eternity until someone finally showed up, light cascading in, blinding her.

"She's in here, sir. When I found her she was covered in blood, and brandished a knife. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I think she finally snapped." It was the boy, talking to something she couldn't see.

"Mmm....Yes. The snapped varieties are the easiest to induct, their minds are broken to release their more....primitive instincts. That's where I come in, thank you Quinn. Please attend to any duties you have left." The voice was ethereal, making Lou dizzy.

The light left the room as the door made a gentle click, and Lou felt someone standing above her. She'd reach out if she wasn't bound with her hands behind her back, she hated this isolation, but now she wasn't alone.

Hello child, what did you do for him to bring you here instead of killing you?

Now the man's voice was in her head, and she felt extremely sick. She grumbled out defiantly a weak statement.

"Get out of my head....That's private." She groaned as her head began to throb, kneeling closer to the ground.

I don't think you are in the position to make any demands. If you won't tell me, I will find out myself.

Within a few moments she felt something touch her forehead and she was thrown into a flashback of the moments before, whimpering from the excess emotions pouring in, ones she was trying to hide from. The flashes of images and the screams made her sick, making a mess in front of her, the being somehow behind her.

She was also forced to focus on her childhood from the time her father had left to present day, the being humming in understanding. She started to sob, clearly in lots of pain, the emotional outweighing the physical.

I see. You are perfect. Quinn was smart to bring you to me.

Lou blinked, tears in the corners of her eyes.

"What do you mean perfect, I'm a monster...." She choked on her words, a broken mess where she sat.

Hardly. In pain? Yes. Traumatized? Also yes. A monster? Not even close. You acted in desperation, on instinct, an admirable trait.

Lou sniffled, folding in on herself. Somehow the mess she was very clear she made was gone. She weeped in her corner, shaking from the pain she was experiencing. She hated herself, how could she have done such an awful thing?

I'll leave you alone, I'll get your bed ready, I hope Quinn is fine with having a partner. Doesn't matter, he has to deal with it. After all, he found you, you are going to be his problem.

With that, the entity left, leaving Lou in a pit of silent darkness, weeping quietly to herself.