глава номер четыре

Kaga P.O.V.

Atago should be on her way back to base, after delivering that nuisance off at his base. Seriously, how does one just meet one day and suddenly declare their love for them?

Such an asshole.

It was kinda nice though....

I mean— who would like that?!?!

I decided to head back to my room and drink some more sake. Straight from the bottle. I don't care what anyone says, I need it right now.

After a few drinks, I could feel my consciousness slip from me.

"Damnit, guess I drank too much...oh well."

—————

In dreamworld

I wake up on a field of grass, overlooking the ocean. I was confused as to where I was.

"Where am I, and where is everyone?", I wondered aloud. I began walk down this apparent hill, till I seen a base. It looked like the main Azur Lane base, but somehow that was the least confusing part.

They're were destroyers from different factions running around, smiling and laughing. The older looking ships were sitting at tables, chatting. Aren't we at war? Why is everyone just hanging out like nothing happened?

"Hey, Kaga there you are! I've been looking all over you!"

I spin around, at that annoying voice again, but somethings different.

Badger had on a white button up shirt,, which was undone, showing his toned muscles, and some water shorts. He even had that stupid smile. On his face. But, somehow, it feels difrerent. It's not a flirtatious one, or even a smug one. Just pure, and...lovingly....

"Me and a couple others are gonna go surfing, wanna join?"

Though my mind couldn't comprehend what was happening, I unknowingly answered.

"S-Sure, I'd love to."

"Sweet, meet you at the beach later!"

He then ran off, leaving to ponder what this world is. Later, I found my way to the beach that Badger was on.

He was with his sisters, that silver haired battleship from Union, Akagi, Atago, and Bismarck.

We played a couple games of volleyball before going surfing. And even though I got knocked off the surfboard a few times...I'm having fun...more fun that I've had in a long time.

——————

I suddenly woke up, surprised by my dream.

"What the fuck was that?", I asked myself.

Getting myself situated, I left my room in search for Shinano, our resident dream fox. Maybe she'll know what to make of this.

I had found Shinano actually awake (shocking), and began talking to her

"Uh, Shinano, if you aren't busy, would you mind helping me with something?"

"Mmmm. Kaga, is it? I'm not busy at the moment, though I don't know how I'll be useful."

I continued, "I just need you to interpret this dream I had."

Shinano nodded, (or was she nodding off, sleeping? No one knows), in acknowledgment.

"What is this dream you've had?"

"Well," I started, "it began with me waking up on the Azur Lane base, but what surprised me the most was the fact that kansen from every faction were all together, having a great time, as if we weren't at each other's throats."

Shinano just nodded to herself, though if she was actually ready to doze off, no one knows. She closed her eyes for a few seconds–what felt like hours–before proceeding.

"Hmm. It would seem you may have merely glanced into a very possible future timeline. It may very well be this particular timeline."

This timeline?

"Wait," I began, struggling to understand what she just said. "Are you implying that there are multiple timelines?"

Shinano just nods again before answering, "Indeed. I'm not sure if you heard, but a possible fourth "faction" had risen, calling themselves the Ashes. Though their intentions are unknown, they claim to be the last kansen of their time. At least, from what I can gather from my dreams..."

I sit there in stunned silence at this news. Multiple timelines, and another faction? As I try to grasp what was suddenly dropped on me, I was pulled from my thoughts by Shinano.

"If I may, Kaga. Even if you don't want to believe this, I believe that the key to the possible future you saw is the Grey Ghost's twin, Badger."

I snarl, "What, that perverted bastard?!"

I cannot fathom him being to key to "world peace". Like, seriously! The first thing he did when he saw me was flirt with me!

"I know it may be hard to believe," she continued, "but I find myself thinking that without him, the world would be a very darker place. I'm not sure what it is about him, but that Badger is meant for something greater, whether he realizes or not. And I believe he can bring forth the peace I myself desire."

I take a few seconds to collect myself. If what she saying is true, then is it so bad? I'll have to think this through a bit.

I thank Shinano for answering my questions, leaving her to peacefully fall back to sleep.

Just what is the deal with this Badger?

————————

Third P.O.V.

Badger is seen getting scolded by Yorktown for leaving the base unannounced to anyone.

"You have a lot of explaining to do, young man!"

He's just on his knees, whimpering as Yorktown grabbed him by his ear, berating him. Even while in bed, she'd still take on the motherly role for her three siblings.

———————–

[Okay, guys. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Kinda on the shorter side because I'm still trying to get used to school getting started, so probably won't be uploading that much. Have a meme]

 Have a meme]