Prologue: Last Day Of Work [2]

Author Note:

I've decided to post the entire Prologue all at once. There's no way this will end horribly.

_____

The group began to thin out, most of the others flooding out of dining room to do as Nora suggested. However, one person stayed by my side.

My sister.

Fawn. The Ulti— Ex Ultimate Digital Artist.

Fawn. (She/Her)

Ex Ultimate Digital Artist

She probably doesn't want to be alone after the whole killing game thing

She probably doesn't want to be alone after the whole killing game thing. And I completely understand that.

"What do we do...?" Fawn looked to me. She was obviously anxious.

"I guess we'll play along for now," I shrugged. "Explore, meet the others, and do whatever else Nora told is to do."

My sister stayed quiet. She seemed to bury herself in her large green sweater, like a turtle retreating to it's shell to hide from danger. She made her sweater seem much bigger on herself than it actually was; her beanie met the same fate.

She's getting scared. I need to do something.

"Oh, look!" I pointed at the dining table. "There are some cookies left. Wanna grab them before someone else does?"

"Sure." My twin agreed.

We both snatched a cookie, leaving a final one on the plate.

As we finished, I got a good look around the dining room. There wasn't much to note other than the table was long and had 16 chairs exactly. The kitchen was connected to the dining room via an open doorway in the back.

"Let's take a look inside." I commanded.

The kitchen was large and well stocked, but completely normal. Nothing that spelled an axe welding maniac from a horror movie had used it recently. I'm not sure if it being normal was something I liked or not.

"Do either of you know how to cook?" An unfamiliar voice asked us.

"Nothing." Fawn shook her head upon hearing the question.

"I can cook simple things and follow a recipe," I replied. "Nothing like a gourmet three course meal or anything."

"That's okay!" The cyanette comforted both of us. "This is the perfect time to pick up a new skill."

I see someone has completely given up and accepted being stuck here as fate.

"Are you a chef?" Curiously inquired I.

"Close, but no." They shook their head. "I'm a food tester. The Ex Ultimate Food Tester, to be specific."

"Sorry if this comes off as a rude question to ask, but," I titled my head. "How did you become the ExUltimate Food Tester?"