Ch. 2: All In The Will [3] (Daily Life)

Author Note:

I have a Discord server for this Fangan now! You should join and come hang out. (Link in comment box.)

_____

*ding dong, bing bong*

"Attention! It is now 7 am! Time to get up to another miserable day of being talentless!"

It's not like I had much of talent to begin with.

As per usual, I got ready and waited on my sister. Then I spotted someone that I did not except to see up this early.

"Zenith?" My eyes widened.

The chauffeur turned around. He was sluggish in his moments, but his face was shinier than ever. No signs of tiredness, or anything for that matter, in his expression.

"Ah, hello Felix," He awkwardly greeted me. "How did you sleep?"

I should be asking you that.

"Alright." I answered. "What about you?"

"I slept fine." He replied.

"Do you want to join me and Fawn on our way to the dinning room?" I asked the chauffeur.

"I suppose so." He reluctantly agreed. "I've missed speaking with you and the others."

"Really?" I gasped, before I could stop myself.

"Yeah..." He admitted. "I don't really want to talk to anyone, but I think getting myself out of my room will help."

Things fell silent between us. The silence was excruciating and it bothered me more than it should have.

I hate silence like this...

"Have you checked out the new rooms yet?" I questioned, desperate to break the silence.

"I haven't." The chauffeur replied.

"Do you to explore with me?" I offered. "I'm busy after breakfast but once I'm done we can explore the new room together if you'd like."

"I'd like that." The orangette replied. "Though, I am curios as to what you're doing after breakfast."

"I'm doing laundry with Gabriel." I smiled. "I would invite you to join us, but it's kinda of a me and Gabriel thing."

"I understand." Zenith said, giving me a tiny smile. "Have fun with that, Felix."

He does seem like he feels a little better compared to yesterday morning, but I can tell he's not up to a 100%.

Well, obviously he isn't up to 100%. Witnessing the corpse of your friend and then watching another friend die a brutal death isn't something you just "get over" like a cold.

Fawn eventually joined us. The three of us had a silent walk on the way to dining room. Everyone else was already there. It was a relief to see everyone cooperating with the plan of doing more things together.

Then I caught a glimpse of the two empty chairs that would remain empty for the rest of our time here.

I keep hoping that I'll blink and they'll be at the table eating breakfast with us again.

I blinked.

...

I don't like thinking about this. I need to distract myself with something.

"Hey Zenith?" I stopped him before he could leave my side to take a seat. "Wanna see if Rory needs help in the kitchen?"

"Sure." He was reluctant to answer.