Prologue: Last Day Of Work [3]

Author Note:

I'm trying out adding some game elements but I don't know if I like them or not.

_____

Upon going back into the hallway, we came across a tall woman with white hair. She was rather stylist, though her most notable feature was her finger nails.

"Oh, it's the twins," She said upon seeing us.

Is that most memorable thing about myself? That I'm a twin?

"Yep. That's us." I replied. "I'm Felix and this is my sister, Fawn. I'm the Ex Ultimate Lucky Student and she's the Ex Ultimate Digital Artist."

"An artist, you say?" She looked too my sister, before looking up and down at her. "It's always nice to meet someone with good taste."

Good taste? Fawn's just wearing a sweater, ripped jeans, converse, and a beanie.

That's as basic as it gets.

The white haired woman then looked up and down at me, clearly unimpressed by my hoodie and jeans.

Almost as basic as it gets.

"I doubt you two would recognize my name, but I'm Quartz." She introduced herself. "Ex Ultimate Hand Model."

Quartz (She/Her)

Ex Ultimate Hand Model

That explains her nice fingernails

"How did you lose your talent? Is hand modeling a competitive industry?" I questioned Quartz.

"The modeling industry is always competitive," Quartz corrected. "If you can't keep you, you'll be left behind and forgotten."

"That sounds awful." I said. "I'm sorry that happened to you."

"That's alright." She didn't seem too bothered by it. "This kinda thing happens a lot."

"A lot?" My sister questioned her.

"Ultimates in the modeling industry are always being titled and having their titles ''recalled'' for someone else to get them." Explained she. "I'll probably have my talent again by next week."

Wish I could say the same for myself...

"We'll see you are around, Quartz." I said my farewell.

"See ya." She waved, before moving along. Fawn and I did the same.

Once Quartz was far away from us and no one else was nearby, Fawn turned to me. She seemed nervous; it become quite apparent she started speaking.

"What are we going to do?" Fawn asked me, her brown eyes unable to lock with mine. "About the game, I mean. I don't want to stay here forever."

"We'll probably find a way out soon or the authorities will find us from how long we've been missing." I replied, trying to comfort her. "We'll get out of here. Promise."