Ch. 2: All In The Will [1] (Daily Life)

Author Note:

By the way, I give full permission for you to make fanart, fan content, fan theories, etc.

Tigger Warning: implied ED

Please comment or DM me and I will tag you where to stop reading and pick back up after the warning. This is to avoid spoilers, please do not hesitate to ask. :)

_____

I should probably get some lunch. Maybe something in my stomach will make me feel better.

"Hey, uh, Felix?" A familiar voice got my attention.

"Gabriel?" My eyes widened.

"How are you feeling?" He questioned, awkwardly.

"I'm good." I lied, not wanting to admit how scared I am. "Why do you ask?"

"You look queazy," The tennis player bluntly told me. "I didn't want to bother you if you didn't feel good. I know I wouldn't want to be bothered if I felt bad."

"Even if I don't feel my best, you talking with me doesn't bother me." I said. "It actually makes me feel better."

"Oh." Gabriel's eyes widened in surprise, his body freezing in place.

I waited for him to say more, but he didn't. He was mostly likely thinking of what to say or waiting for me; I'll never know since a loud grumble from my stomach did all the talking for the both of us.

"Do you want to get lunch with me?" I offered.

"Has anyone made lunch yet?" He asked me.

"I'll make something," I said.

"You... can cook?" Gabriel quietly gasped.

"Mhm!" I nodded. "I do all the cooking for Fawn and I back home."

"Can you teach me how?" He asked sheepishly. "...I need to learn for when we get out of this place."

...

Getting out? Does he really think we'll ever get out of here?

"Of course!" I agreed. "I'm not a master chef or anything, but I can make a meal decent enough to eat."

Gabriel and I went to the kitchen. I had no idea what to make, until he gave a suggestion.

"Can we make cheese quesadillas?" Gabriel proposed.

"Let me see," I extended my hand to open the refrigerator.

A looming anxiety fell over, my hand firmly gripping the fridge handle. The familiar feeling of fear pulsed through my veins, my arm growing heavy as I pulled at the door.

No... Not again...

There were two unopened packages of tortillas, along with a couple bags of shredded cheese. The refrigerator seemed to have been restocked recently.

Was I expecting to find something else in the fridge other than food?

"We can make some." I finally replied, taking out the necessary ingredients.

The tennis player's face lit up for a second or so. Though, he quickly returned to his resting frown.

I took out two plates for us and opened the tortillas. Gabriel watched with intrigue as I sat a tortilla on each of our plates.

"Okay, once you have a tortilla out, you just sprinkle cheese on enough you have enough." I dumped some of the shredded cheese in my hand and then evenly sprinkled into onto my tortilla. "You try."