The Day of Absolute Chaos

There was a day in the year 1587, where Dream's Ruby disappeared for just a day and it almost tore the Dreaming apart

There was a day in the year 1587, where Dream's Ruby disappeared for just a day and it almost tore the Dreaming apart. That day is know a The Day of Absolute Chaos.

But in the Waking world, there was a woman, a strong, powerful magic user who wished to be a mother. To have a daughter to whom she can care for and to teach about all the magic in the world.

She tried so many things to become pregnant but fate won’t allow her just this one wish, this one dream. 

So she did her research and found that there was a being who would have the necessary tools to make her one and only dream come true.

This being has had many names. The King of Dreams and Nightmares. The Prince of Stories. Lord of Dreaming. Dream of the Endless.

She knew that he would have the tools that she would be able to use to make her dream come true.

And she put her plan in motion.

She learned that Dream of the Endless had a Ruby necklace, a ruby she could use.

By using her magic she summoned the Ruby necklace. She knew she just crossed a line by a long shot by doing it but she just wanted to use it for this one dream and then send it back to where it was taken from.

Finally with the Ruby in her hand she made sure to focus on just the one thing she wanted. The one thing she dreamed about. To become pregnant with a healthy girl.

And in a couple of hours the mother's dream came true.

She sent the Ruby back to wherever it came from and covered her tracks with enough magic that could last for ages.

Nine months later a healthy baby girl was born with artic blue eyes and dark brown hair. But no magic was inherited from Mother to Daughter. But that was okay, because all she needed was her healthy child.

Soon after she gave birth she became sick. She began to do some research and found that whenever a mortal would use a tool of one of the Endless, the mortal would sooner or later die.

Saundra’s mother died seven years later.

All alone in the world, the girl was taken to a group home with only a bag of some of her clothes, a necklace with her family crest and a journal that belonged to her late mother. The children’s home that she went to was awful. The grownups were awful and the food and homing situation even more so.

The only place where she could escape to, where she found peace, was in a library full of adventures... in her dreams.