Dear Friend

At 09:00 Saundra went into the bank and at 13:00 she walked out

At 09:00 Saundra went into the bank and at 13:00 she walked out. Too overwhelmed to remember her way back home.

She had a box in her hands and inside of it was a journal, her mother’s journal. A family crest necklace, her three favourite books that her mother read for her when she was a child and a letter, which had the amount of money that her mother left for her, written on it.

She walked home, to the bakery. The weight of the box felt like nothing compared to the shock she was experiencing, the heaviness of her lungs.

The simplest way to tell someone what just happened to Saundra Vespertine was… she just got rich.

Who knew a magic user, her mother, could have so much money.

When she got to the bakery, she saw that Raymond already closed it and left a note for her saying that he went to the market.

Saundra placed the box down on her bed. She took the note out first and placed it next to the box. Next, she took out a necklace with her family crest.

The border of it was the most detailed orchid flowers made out of gold, to symbolise the love and beauty that the woman in her family have always had, doesn’t matter if it was outer or inner beauty. At the bottom was a golden lotus flower, symbolising the inner strength that one should possess to be able to live in this cruel world. Above the flower was a golden eagle with its wings spread, showing the courage and strength that ran so deep in the Vespertine bloodline. Touching either sides of the orchid border. Above the eagle, a moon of gold rises behind it. Showing that even when you’re stuck in darkness, one can still find light in yourself or from others.

The details were almost incredible but the memories of the necklace around her mother’s neck when she was young, made her feel warm inside. It felt like she had a part of her mother still with her now.

Saundra placed the crest necklace around her neck and grabbed the next thing in the box.

Her three favourite books that her mother kept for her.

The Prince.

Romeo and Juliet.

A Midsummer Night’s Dream.