Seconds that would last

Saundra tried every night to get back to the massive library in her dreams

Saundra tried every night to get back to the massive library in her dreams. Back to Morpheus and Lucienne and her books.

But most nights she slept without going back to the library... or even dreaming at all.

Most times she would wake up, feeling as if she just went to bed. And then her day starts with making the bed, getting dressed and starting to clean either the bedrooms, bathrooms or the kitchen.

It was the only thing that she did, day in and day out. Cleaning either one, sometimes all three rooms. Her hands would get scratched and bruised so much easier with the amount of water she worked with every day.

Just when her hope was about to die, on the days that was harder than the rest to keep her mouth shut or to do all the work like a loyal slave, she would be gifted with a visit to The Dreaming.

It was almost as if her body and mind were so tired, she didn’t even mean to, or tried to go to The Dreaming.

But she was so happy, relaxed and relieved when she arrived there again.

She ended up at the same place where she was before. Back in the library where she laid on the carpet, reading. Saundra looked around and saw that the books that Lucienne grabbed for her on her previous visit was still there. On the table, neatly stacked, right where she left them.

Saundra pulled out one of the chairs and climbed onto it, to be able to reach the books. She grabbed the book that was reading, that she almost finished, the last time she was in The Dreaming.

When Saundra finished the book, she placed it next to the pile and grab the next one.

With the book tightly in her grip, she climbed off the chair and laid back down on the carpet. She opened the book to the first page and got soaked into the story.

A couple of chapters deep in the book, Saundra heard determined footsteps coming her way.

She looked around to see where the footsteps could be coming from. She saw a fully black dressed figure turning a corner, walking in the direction where she was laying.

Morpheus.

Morpheus saw a body lying on the ground with a book. He focused on it and saw a familiar face. 

He slowed down his pace and altered his direction towards her.

"Saundra Vespertine? You're back." He said joyfully as he stopped next to her and bended his knees, placing his elbows on his legs. "And of course, already nose deep in a book."