Chapter 6

Minjeong opened her eyes with an unbearing headache as she scanned the room which she thinks that she's in an infirmary of the school. She tried to get up but warm hands stopped her.

"Don't try to get up yet, darling" Her mom said in concerned tone while looking at her daughter like she is the only precious thing left in the world which is true. Minjeong nodded and put her left hand above her mom's hand. Mrs. Kim attempted to reach for the water bottle but was stopped when Minjeong spoke up.

"Ma, did I have really have a bike accident?" It makes her mother stunned and wasn't able to find the right words to explain at the sudden query of her daughter.

"Yes, darling" Minjeong's mother hesitatingly answered. "Why'd you ask darling?" Her mother was so curious on why the sudden question.

"I just had a weird dream, Ma. Something about a certain persons and me in a car accident." Minjeong answered looking at the ceiling contemplating a lot of things.

Her mother deeply sighed and widened her eyes as she heard her daughter broken down in tears. She felt a thorn hit her heart as she saw her daughter in a lot of pain.

"Ma, why it feels so real and I feel heartbroken" Minjeong tried to wipe her tears but her mom put both of hands cupping the younger's face and hugged her tightly.

They both don't know that Jimin accidentally eavesdropping on their conversation behind an open door as she hold lots of food she bought for Minjeong, she felt pain from Minjeong's situation, but instead going inside she left the food to the nurse and ran away.

Somi who just finished practicing for their group's dance routine and was able to wave goodbye to her groupmates, saw Jimin ran so fast while crying. As a friend as she is she called out for her but Jimin couldn't hear her so she ran and chased her.

"Jimin! Yah! Wait up!" Somi yelled a few couple meters away from Jimin. Jimin stopped and ran towards Somi and suddenly hugged her letting her tears fell down on Somi's shoulders. Somi felt weak and pat Jimin's back.

"Let it all out, Jimin" Somi said while cupping Jimin's face and playfully pouted. "You're a mess, idiot" She goes back hugging her.

"It keeps coming back, Somi. Hearing Minjeong having a dream about involving in a car accident makes me think about them again. My parents and her" Jimin finally admitted while sniffing.

"Seeing Minjeong collapsed on the ground unconscious, makes me think about her and my parents lying on the ground" Jimin added still in tears. Somi rubbed her back for comfort.

Minjeong and her mother went home from school, the nurse said that Minjeong must rest for the day and advised to go to her doctor for a follow up check.

But as her mother opened the door, Minjeong remembered someone in her dream and asked her mother.

"Ma, do you know who Karina is?" She absent mindedly asked her mother which makes her mother dumbfounded and dropped her bags on the floor. Minjeong recoiled while glancing at her mother picking up her bag.

"A special friend of yours, darling" She nervously replied.

"But how come, you didn't mentioned her to me, Ma?" Minjeong frowned. "Is she important in my life?" Minjeong added while scratching her scar lightly as she felt pain in her head.

"You okay, darling?" Her mother held her and motioned her towards her bedroom.

"And am I Winter?" Mrs. Kim ignored the question and shushed Minjeong.

"You need a rest, my child. Just stop thinking about it too much" She left Minjeong with an unanswered question and start to suspect that something happened in the past that she doesn't want to talk about or she doesn't want Minjeong to remember it at all.