An Engaging Surprise

Now for a non-lemon chapter for once as I like to wrap up this story soon.

==============================

*Five days later*

A few days had passed since the most incredible love night that Y/N ever had. Things had settled down since then with the summer holidays just getting started. Some of the mothers he had gotten to know, were having a lady's day out at the LeBlanc cafe. Whilst Sojiro was upstairs busy cleaning the attic in preparation for Akira's arrival.

"Is this all of us?" Sumire's mom asked.

"It is, I just arrived now." Sae replied. "I'm here as I'm the only relative Makoto has. And I'm sure my mother would've liked to be a part of this."

"It's okay, dearie." Lyria said. "You deserve to know this as much as we do."

"So what's this meeting for?"

"Well, it's to do with what Haru's father had just confirmed last night." Ann's mother replied. "Oh, I'm Jane Takamaki, Ann's mother."

"Oh right, and I'm Seiko Yoshizawa, Sumire's mother."

"Good, glad we got the names out of the way." Sae said. "So about what Haru's father said?"

"Yes, well...last night, Jacob got a call from Kunikuzu." Lyria explained. "They discussed about how he had given his approval to allow my son to be engaged to his daughter."

"What?!" Seiko responded. "Well, that's big news!"

"Keep it down, we don't want to scare other customers."

"Oh, sorry..."

"Anyway, they then moved on to how your daughters, or in your case, your sister, Sae, had all fallen for him and feel loved by him and wish to be with him."

"Well, I can't argue with that." Sae replied. "Makoto's studies are back on top form, but she does seem to be a lot happier after she met Y/N."

"But if he's getting engaged to Haru, where does that leave the rest of us?" Jennifer asked.

"That's the part you're gonna love." Lyria replied. "This is a secret between us ladies, so you must vow to never, ever share this with anyone else."

"Of course, we'll keep it hidden." Seiko said.

Lyria gave a big smile as she tried to resist getting too excited. "Haru is not the only girl my son's getting engaged to."

"WHAT?!" The others responded.

"It's true! He's planning to host an engagement party for not just his daughter, but for the other girls. In other words, Ann, Makoto, Futaba and Sumire will be engaged to him, too."

The others could only stare in silence.

"Oh my god!" Jennifer said. "That is...that is...the best news I've ever had!"

"You don't seem to be that shocked." Sae noticed.

"Well, it's because I always had a feeling that Ann liked him, she just never had the time to think about him on a romantic level, before the love letter idea came into their heads."

"For me and my husband, we always believed that Sumire would reunite with Y/N again." Seiko said. "And to hear that she's getting engaged to him...well, it just makes the long wait well worth it."

"From where I stand, I'm sure my father would've been surprised." Sae added. "But I'm all that Makoto has, and as her older sister...I find the news very welcoming. Y/N has already done so much for me and her, it's only fair for him to be loved by my sister."