Chapter 5 Confused Feelings

You're not here today. You won't be here tonight. Were you taking his advice seriously? Are you resting? Taking care of yourself as he suggested?

Freddy was consumed in his worry, his mind replaying the last time he saw you. Your small hand gently holding the side of his face. Tired eyes crinkling with your smile.

"Sure, now get some rest." Your fingers had delicately patted his face plate. Was it affectionate?

Freddy felt his face hearing up, mechanical gears whirling with the steam that rose up in his system. It was nothing. He's not sure why he feels that way about you. But he worries about you, almost as much as he worries about his friends.

His mind continued its pace of swirling anxieties on how you were as a handler escorted him down in the employee tunnels. (A place that ran all along the pizzaplex making it easier to get from point A to point B with out any issues.)

He was on his way to another birthday party, he had just finished one and now he was marching towards another. It didn't matter how many children flocked to him, how many tried to get his attention. His mind was always back on you. Are you okay after your nightmare? He's never seen you so spooked.

He was so concerned he mentioned it to a manager for you. Suggesting that your responsibilities lessen to allow you time to recover. Of course they gave him odd looks, like they wondered why he cared so much about you, but promised and reassured him that they'd see what they could do for you.

It wasn't enough though. It wanted to ensure it got done. But for now he can't do anything about it except do his job and see the kids. Just like you'd focus at your job at hand.

You worked this job as if it was the most important thing. There was something about you that made Freddy curious. Maybe the reason why you're such a hard worker is due to your past jobs. You were a cop at one point. You must have been a good one.

Maybe that's why you have those nightmares. He really hoped you were resting and okay now. He likes you more than he could explain. It was something that escaped him, if he was asked to elaborate Freddy just couldn't find the words even if he'd like to.

You're just so kind and patient with him. You always ask him how he is doing, or how his day was. Not because you were instructed to, with a bored tone like many other employees, but because you genuinely care about him.

Freddy stopped in his tracks reflecting on everything. You're something else. Something wonderful. Something complex and kind and good. Something just so beautiful-

"Hey!" Monty's voice startled Freddy. His blue eyes snapped to the dark shades that stared at him. Their handlers were up ahead chatting with one another unaware that their animatronics now lagged behind standing in place.
"What gives? You just stopped in the middle of no where."

Freddy blinked seeming to think over Monty's irritated words before he became flushed smiling nervously.

"I am sorry I got lost in thought." He gently tugged at his bow tie. Monty lowered his shades eyeing Freddy up and down trying to see what was really going on, then crossed his arms.

"What's got your panties in a wad then?" He scoffed. He sounded like he was asking out of formality than really wanting to know. But Freddy just smiled taking it as a stepping stone. At least Monty wanted to listen to him right now. (Even if what he said was crude. Naturally of course Freddy made a face at it unamused at the expression.)

"You know Monty, you should not be using language like that. Especially in front of the children." Freddy continued to fiddle with his bow tie. He glanced to the side nervously. (Why was he thinking about you for a moment? That doesn't make sense. Maybe it's because Monty mentioned clothes. Yes that's it naturally. Freddy would never think inappropriately, especially about a friend.)