Chapter 8 Worrisome Behavior

Key: (F/P) = Favorite type of Pet

You wiped your brow, stretching ready to end another long day. A day that involved more parties than you could possible count.

In truth, you wished these last two days had been more productive. Working this job as if it's your sole income verses working your actual job,  but you have to take it as it comes for now.

Things had been relatively quite so far. After all you have yet to see the white rabbit, but it seemed like from the reports she's been here a little longer than you. Every time you think about her your mind drew back to Vanessa. The way she spoke to you yesterday before you left repeated in your mind.

You're so tempted to ask her if she knows anything, but at the same time after yesterday you're afraid to. She seemed to be fighting herself, something within was bothering her. She clearly had a lot going on. You couldn't question her like that. (She's your friend, you don't want to involve her in a case she doesn't need to be involved in.)

Though the oddest thing was that echoing voice in the back of your mind.

"Friend. Look. The eyes." It had whispered urging you to pay close attention to Vanessa's gaze.

That purple in her eyes. Did I really make that up?

You frowned at the thought shutting your locker. You stifled a yawn as you slung your bag over your shoulder. Those eyes, they didn't look like her's but you had to be making it up. Ghosts, possessions, things such as that can't possible exist. You're a private investigator, you're logical not superstitious.

Your feet walked on auto pilot towards the floor, now against the plus carpet of the pizzaplex rather than the hard gloss floor of the employee locker room. The ground rumbled as you stood there, you looked up alarmed.

What's that?

Your mind worried at first until you saw a small crowd beginning to form.

Ah, must be one of the glamrock's.

You hummed waiting off to the side waiting for the handler and their animatronic to pass by. Orange's and blue's caught your eye as the handler appeared through the crowd directing people to step back, as well as informing them that the pizzaplex will be closing soon.

Must be Freddy coming through.

You shook your head a bit at the thought now suppressing a grin. Sure enough the big guy himself escaped the crowd. Smile on his face as he gave soft greetings to customers who tried to approach him.

As Freddy grew closer your eyes met. He smiled widely at you, a small wave towards your direction. You waved back partially watching the way he smiled more and turned away. His ears wiggled at the top of his head as he passed by.

Big ole softy.

You snickered now beginning to walk towards the entrance with the intention to leave.

"(Y/N)." You stopped in your tracks at the escalators. It sounded like someone was whispering your name from just behind you. Your hair stood on end and goosebumps raced down your arm in fear. Your heart seized in your chest like someone was grabbing it.
"Follow me."

You quickly turned around, ready to confront who was speaking to you, only to find no one was there. You clutched the strap of your bag tightly glancing back and forth between the large room just to be sure.

Maybe someone's messing with me.

You frowned. That had to be the logical answer.  But how could they have gotten that close with out you noticing? It didn't matter you can't be bothered by it you just want to go home.