Chapter 6 Lost and Found

Another day. Another dead end.

You sighed walking into the pizzaplex early in the morning, your eyes burned from the lack of sleep. You should have gone to bed at a reasonable time, but your discoveries yesterday were too big just to sleep on. (Your body was sore, aching from resting against a desk all night.)

You had a lot on your mind as you pushed the pizzaplex's doors opened. (When the building wasn't ready for opening, the sliding doors were turned off but not locked. Meaning every morning you had to shove them open in order to enter.)

You had to find that rabbit. Where ever she was. But where to even begin? There was so much ground to cover here at the pizzaplex if she's lingering around here it would be impossible to find on your own.

If she's lingering around trying to find children, maybe someone else has seen her?

You sighed at the thought starting your walk to the locker room. You'd have to ask around but you doubt anyone at work would want to talk about a mysterious rabbit that's lingering about.

Well, except maybe a guard. But you need an excuse to bring it up. It has to flow naturally and not like you're purposely looking into something.

You brushed past a few staff bots on your way, only to stop noticing Vanessa was still here. She seemed tired, walking down the hall like she was a zombie. Arms hanging, body almost limp as she took her steps.

"Vanessa?" You called out to her cautiously walking closer. Her eyes slowly pulled themselves from looking down at the floor, she didn't smile but she did straighten up.

"What?" She bit back a yawn sweeping her bangs out of her face. You didn't want to sound rude but she looked god awful. Has she gotten any sleep lately? (Oh no is that what you looked like to Freddy? Wait don't think that, Vanessa is the one that needs your attention right now.)

"Are you okay?" You frowned looking over her.
"You look like you had quite a night last night."

Maybe some humor would lighten things up. You laughed lightly but she didn't share your enthusiasm. She just rubbed her eyes now sighing.

"Yeah just exhausted. Another night another problem." She tried to fix her uniform, but the way she stumbled a bit in the process told you she was more than just exhausted. Maybe she's getting sick. These long hours can be brutal.

"Maybe you should get some rest." You smiled, you sound like Freddy. (Would you stop mentioning him?)

"Yeah," Vanessa scoffed, "maybe. But I can't."

She tried her best to smile at you, though it seemed like she was having a hard time even forcing the grin on her face.

"I'll be fine though. Thanks for checking on me." She nodded at you before continuing her walk on. You turned to watch her leave dropping your smile. Somethings up with her, but what?

It's not any of your business, but you're worried about her. She is a friend. You've never seen her like that. She's always some level of tired but this was different. She looked like she had just come from an awful fight.

You'll keep an eye on her. If she's still that way when she comes in for night shift when you leave you might say something. For now you had to get to work. Rushing towards the locker room you shoved your things where they belonged and clocked in.

Another day another dollar right?

You cringed at your own thought.
_________________________
Today was a busy day, good god you're not sure you can keep up this pace! It was birthday party, after birthday party today but at least you could take a breather for a second.