Chapter 1

Blaire was woken up by her sister. "Come on." Elena said. "Get up or you'll be late for school."

"I hate you." Blaire said.

"Don't hate me." Elena said. "I'm keeping you from being late."

"You can't boss me around." Blaire said.

"Why can't I?" Elena asked. "I'm older."

"Only by ten minutes." Blaire said.

"Still makes me older." Elena said. The two girls chuckled. "Hurry up and get ready." Elena said before leaving their shared room.

Blaire went into the bathroom they shared with their brother, Jeremy. She quickly took a shower, got dressed, and headed downstairs. "Good morning." She greeted everyone.

"Toast. I can make toast." Her aunt Jenna said, frantically. "Morning Blaire."

"Anyone need lunch money?" Jenna asked.

"I'm good." Blaire replied.

"Me too." Elena said.

"You're first day of school and I'm totally unprepared." Jenna said.

"Relax, Aunt Jenna." Blaire said. "You've done great caring for us so far."

"Thanks Blaire." Jenna said.

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" Elena asked.

"I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now." Jenna said after looking at her watch.

"Then go." Blaire said. "We'll be fine."

"Have a good first day back." Jenna said, grabbing her things. "I'll see you guys later."

"Bye Aunt Jenna." Elena said.

"Good luck." Blaire looked at her brother. "You ok?" She asked.

"Don't start, please." Jeremy said.

"Blaire, do you want to ride with me and Bonnie?" Elena asked.

"No, thank you." Blaire replied. "I'm going to walk to school."

"Alright." Elena said. "We'll see you at school, then."

Blaire picked up her bag and headed out of house. She walked towards the church cemetery to visit her parents grave. She has done this quite often since her parents deaths. She sat in between her parents graves and thought about her parents. She also thought about how lucky her and her sister was that they were saved.

Blaire lost track of time until she looked at her watch and saw she was going to be late. She grabbed her stuffed and rushed to the school. As she was heading towards her class, she ran into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." She heard someone say.

"No, it was my fault." Blaire said. "I wasn't paying attention." She looked up to see a very attractive guy. It took her a moment to realize he was handing her stuff.

"Oh, thank you." Blaire said, taking the things. "I better get to class before I'm late."

"I'll see you around, then." The guy said.

Blaire couldn't help smiling at him. She then quickly went to her locker before heading to History.

"Nice of you to join us, Ms. Gilbert." Mr. Tanner said as Blaire rushed into the room. "It's only the first day. Don't make it a habit."

"Sorry, Mr. Tanner." Blaire said. She stopped when she saw the guy that she ran into just a few moments ago. He gave her a small wave.

"Quickly, Ms. Gilbert." Mr. Tanner said.

Blaire sat at an empty desk. She noticed her sister looking over at her. "

Are you ok?" Elena mouthed. Blaire nodded.

At lunch, Blaire joined her sister and friends at a table.

"Hey Blaire." Bonnie greeted.

"Hey guys." Blaire said.

"Why were you late this morning?" Elena asked.

"I visited Mom and Dad's graves and I lost track of time." Blaire explained.

"How are you doing?" Caroline asked.

"I'm doing ok, Caroline." Blaire replied. "You don't have to ask all the time. Although, I do appreciate the concern." Caroline nodded.

"I caught Jeremy trying to do and sell drugs this morning." Elena said.

Blaire sighed. "Everyone deals with grief in different ways." She said.

"I get that, but I can't deal with him trying to throw his life away, anymore." Elena said. "Can you try to talk to him? He listens to you more."

"I'll talk to him." Blaire said. "So, who's this new guy?"

"His name's Stefan Salvatore." Caroline answered. "He moved into the old boarding house with his uncle."

"He seems to have an interest in you, B." Elena said.

"What makes you think that?" Blaire asked.

"He couldn't stop staring at you in history." Bonnie said.

Blaire nodded.

After school, Blaire made her way to the tennis courts for practice.

When practice ended, Blaire headed back to the house.

"Hey Blaire." Jenna greeted. "How was your first day?"

"Hey aunt Jenna." Blaire said. "It was good."

"What's for dinner?" Jeremy asked.

"I ordered a pizza." Jenna answered.

"I'm going to work on my homework." Blaire said. "Let me know when the pizza's here."

"Alright." Jenna said.

Blaire headed up to her room.

A little bit later, Elena came into the room. "I'm meeting Bonnie and Caroline at The Grill." She said. "Want to come?"

"I'm good, but thanks for the offer." Blaire said.

"Are you ok?" Elena asked.

"Yeah." Blaire said.

Elena looked like she didn't believe her, but didn't say another word about it.

"Tell Caroline and Bonnie I said hi." Blaire added.

"Will do." Elena said before heading downstairs.

All of a sudden, Blaire heard a male's voice that wasn't Jeremy's. She walked to the top of the stairs and saw Stefan standing outside. She heard him say that he brought back Elena's journal.

Once they left, Blaire went back to writing in her own journal.