Chapter 7

Blaire woke up early one day and got ready for school. She made sure she didn't wake Elena up. She changed into a pink plaid shirt, white jeans, and pink high tops. She braided her hair, grabbed her bag, and headed downstairs.

 She braided her hair, grabbed her bag, and headed downstairs

Blaire went outside, where her motor bike was. She placed her helmet on and hopped on, starting it and riding off. She rode just outside of Mystic Falls and walked up a small hill that overlooked the entire town. It was her favorite spot. It gave her a place to think.

Blaire needed to get her act together. She needed to stop feeling sorry for herself. When her parents died, both her and Elena were out of school for a bit since they were in the accident. But, Elena went back to school sooner than her. Blaire had pretty much missed the rest of the school year the year before and therefore have been very behind on her schoolwork this year. She needed to buck up and fix it. Blaire sighed and stood up. She would grab something to eat and head to the school.

When she got to the school, she talked to all her teachers. Everyone was willing to allow her to make up the work she had missed the previous year and catch up this year. They had no permanent history teacher yet, so she didn't bother going to talk to the sub. It's not like Tanner would have allowed her to do extra credit anyway.

"Hey B." Elena greeted. "You left pretty early this morning."

"Yeah. Sorry." Blaire said.

"Are you alright?" Elena asked.

"Yeah. I just needed some time to myself." Blaire said. Elena nodded.

During lunch, Blaire went to the tennis courts instead of the cafeteria. She started working on her serve.

"You have a nice serve." She heard, catching off guard and missing the ball.

Blaire turned around to see Stefan.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to mess you up." He apologized.

"It's okay." Blaire replied. "Thanks."

"Your sister told me I'd find you here." Stefan said.

"I wanted to get some extra practice in." Blaire said.

"I want to apologize again for Damon barging in on your dinner party the other night." Stefan said. "It was wrong of him to do that."

"It's not your fault." Blaire said.

"I'd like to take you out to dinner to make up for it." Stefan continued.

Blaire was a little caught off guard by the offer.

"Like a date?" She questioned.

"If that's how you want to see it." Stefan said. "I really like you, Blaire. As more than a friend. And I would like to go on a date with you. But, if you're more comfortable with us just being friends, that's alright and I'll respect that."