Chapter 2

The next morning, Blaire was in history class. She was writing notes as Mr. Tanner gave a lecture.

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls." Tanner explained. "How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms. Bennett?"

"Um...a lot?" Bonnie said. "I'm not sure. Like a whole lot."

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms. Bennett." Tanner said in an irritated tone. "Mr. Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?"

"No thanks, Mr. Tanner, I'm cool with it." Matt said.

"Blaire?" Tanner said. "Would you like to redeem your tardiness from yesterday by telling us about one of the town's most significantly historical events?"

"I'm sorry, Mr. Tanner." Blaire said. "I really don't know."

"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Ms. Gilbert. But the personal excuses ended with summer break."

Blaire sighed, quite annoyed with Mr. Tanner's response. "Screw it." She thought to herself. Blaire picked up her things and stormed out of the room, not giving a crap when Tanner called after her.

"Get back here, Ms. Gilbert." Tanner called. "Or you'll be serving detention."

Blaire completely ignored him and walked outside, sitting on a bench.

When the bell rang, Elena and Bonnie came out to where Blaire was.

"Blaire!" They called.

Blaire looked up. "Elena, I'm sorry." She said. "I know it was wrong for me to walk out."

"I wasn't going to say anything." Elena said. "Are you ok?"

Blaire shook her head. "I get that he's a teacher, but he had no right to say that." She said. "Mom and Dad haven't been gone very long. We're not going to just get over it." She had a few tears in her eyes, which she quickly wiped away. She hated crying in public.

"I know." Elena said. "It's ok."

"Tanner is a dick." Bonnie said. "Everyone knows it."

Blaire couldn't help laughing. "Thanks Bonnie." Blaire said.

"Of course, Blaire." Bonnie said.

"I need to get to my next class." Blaire said, getting up.

"I'll talk you later." Elena said. Blaire just nodded and headed to her next class.

At lunch, Blaire bought some lunch and went to sit with her sister and friends.

"Hey Blaire." Caroline greeted. "I heard what happened in history class. I'm really sorry that happened."

"Thank you." Blaire said.

"You ok?" Elena asked.

"I'm alright now." Blaire answered.

"We should do a girls night some time." Caroline suggested. "We haven't done one in awhile."

"That sounds really good, Care." Blaire replied.

"Great, then." Caroline said.

After tennis practice, Blaire stopped by to visit her parents graves before heading home. Even though she visited the graves yesterday, she wanted to visit them again after what happened today.

"You should start getting ready for the party." Elena said, later.

"I'm not going anymore." Blaire replied.