Chapter 4

A few days went by. Blaire and Stefan have continued to get close. They would spend every night talking on the phone. Blaire was getting ready one morning.

"You seem better." Elena said.

"I'm feeling a lot better." Blaire replied as she searched her closet for an outfit.

"This wouldn't happen to do with you getting close with Stefan Salvatore, does it?" Elena asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Blaire said. She decided on a purple short sleeved shirt, ripped blue jeans, and purple converses.

"Don't play dumb

"Don't play dumb." Elena said. "The two of you have talked every night on the phone for the past week."

"Alright." Blaire confessed as she did her hair and makeup. "Talking to him has helped."

"You're blushing." Elena said. "You like him."

"Shut up." Blaire said. "Besides, I think he likes you more than me, anyway. And then there's Caroline."

"Well, you might have some competition with Caroline." Elena said. "But, I will back off."

"Why?" Blaire asked. "

Because he seems to make you happy and he seems to be good for you, right now." Elena answered.

"Thanks E." Blaire said.

"Anything for you, B." Elena said. "Come on. We should get going."

Blaire picked up her bag and followed her sister downstairs.

"Do you want to ride with me and Bonnie today?" Elena asked.

"Sure." Blaire said. She grabbed a granola bar to eat.

"Bonnie's here." Elena said.

"I'm coming." Blaire answered. "See ya, Jenna."

"Bye guys." Jenna said.

"You want a ride, Jer?" Blaire asked.

"Nah, I'm good." Jeremy answered.

"Let's go." Elena said. The two sisters walked out of the house and got into Bonnie's car.

"Hey guys." Bonnie greeted.

"Hey Bonnie." Blaire said.

"So, it seems that Blaire is getting closer with Stefan." Elena said as they drove to school. "They've been talking on the phone every night."

"I think you should be careful around him." Bonnie said.

"You're the one that gave him her number that night at the Grill." Elena said.

"All I'm saying is that you should take it slow, Blaire." Bonnie said.

"Noted." Blaire said.

When they got to the school, Bonnie parked the car and the three girls got out.

As they walked to the school entrance, Stefan approached them. "Good morning." He greeted them.

"Hi Stefan." Elena said.

"Blaire, I got a coffee for you." Stefan said, handing her the coffee. "I hope that's alright."

"Thanks Stefan." Blaire said as she took the coffee.

"I have to go find Caroline." Bonnie said. "I'll uh talk to you guys later." She walked away before anyone could say anything.

"I get the feeling she doesn't like very much." Stefan said.

"She doesn't know you yet." Elena said. "Do you have any plans tonight?"

"None." Stefan answered. "Why?"

"The four of us are going to have dinner together tonight." Elena explained. "Our house." She looked at Blaire, encouragingly.

"Yes." Blaire agreed. "It should be fun."

"Sounds good to me." Stefan replied.

The three started to head towards the school entrance. "Although, I won't be able to help with dinner, Elena." Blaire said. "First tennis match is this afternoon."

"Don't worry about it." Elena said. "I'll handle the whole thing."

"You play tennis?" Stefan asked.

"Yes." Blaire answered.

"She's really good." Elena said. "You should go to one of her matches." Elena said. Blaire glared daggers at her sister.

"I'm sorry. Just give me one moment." Stefan said. The three turned around to see a football hurtling towards them and Stefan catch it. The twins looked between Stefan and themselves in shock. Stefan threw it back to where it came from, where Matt and Tyler were standing. He turned back to the girls.

"Maybe I'll come to the match, then." Stefan said.

"I'd like that." Blaire said.

"That was an amazing catch." Elena said.

"Oh, thanks." Stefan said.

"Have you played football before?" Blaire asked. "I used to." Stefan answered.

"You should try out for the team." Elena said.

"I haven't played in years." Stefan said.

"You would be a great addition to the team." Blaire added. "They could use you."

"I'll see you guys later." Stefan said. The twins headed towards their lockers.

"Do you think I don't know what you're doing?" Blaire said to her sister.

"What do you mean?" Elena asked.

"You're playing matchmaker for me and Stefan." Blaire said.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Elena said, innocently.

"I love you and I appreciate what you're doing." Blaire said. "But, I can get my own date."

"Alright." Elena said. "Come on. We need to get to class."

Blaire grabbed her stuff and followed Elena.

At lunch, Blaire saw Bonnie. She headed over towards her. "Hey Bonnie." She greeted. "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure." Bonnie said. "What's up?"

"Do you not like Stefan?" Blaire asked.

"I'm sorry?" Bonnie asked.

"This morning you kept saying that I should be careful around him." Blaire continued. "What did you mean?"

"Don't worry about it." Bonnie said.

"You're my best friend, Bonnie, and I want to know your opinion on Stefan." Blaire said. "So, spill it."

Bonnie sighed. "We bumped into each other at one point and I got a bad feeling from him when we touched." Bonnie explained.

"What kind of bad feeling." Blaire asked.

"It's nothing." Bonnie replied.

"Bonnie." Blaire said.

"Blaire, I can see that Stefan does make you a lot happier and with what you've been through, you deserve that. I have no right to tell you what to do." Bonnie said. "I shouldn't of said anything earlier, so just forget it."

"Well, I'm just letting you know that Elena is going to invite you to have dinner with two of us and Stefan tonight." Blaire said. Bonnie sighed, again.