Chapter 22

*Hell Nov. 29, 1934*

The lights flicker in the club as the demons mill about. Some look up in confusion. Others ignore it and continue drinking. I glance over at Harley and Husk behind the bar. Husk gives me a thumbs up and Harley nods. 

I clap my hands and the room is shrouded in darkness. Neon lights snap on, illuminating the room in glowing colors. Demons whip their heads toward me as the song begins in the speakers. 

"Taste what fell from grace
Wanna taste what fell from grace~"

I swing my hips side to side slowly as I walk through the crowd of demons.

"Run away from the faith
Let's race if you wanna taste, ha~"

I pull a demon toward me and smirk as his eyes widen.

"You wanna mess around?
They gonna take you down, down, down
Wanna slide and turn
Such a lovely way to burn, burn, burn~"

I shove the demon back and he trips over his feet, landing in the lap of another demon. I never felt like this before, The one gets angry and starts cursing but one look from me and both fall quiet. I think I might just want some more. My voice echoes even though I'm not saying anything. I never felt like this before~

"I think I might just
Slide, shake your bones out if you wanna ride~" 

The lights around the club flicker and flash to the beat as my voice distorts in the air.

"Throw your head back, make you feel alive
The kind of bad that make you feel good, good
God, the kinda wrong that make you feel right 
The little death that make you feel alive
The kinda shouldn't that mean that you should, should, should~"

I walk over to a demon with his back to the table as he fully faces me. My eyebrow raises when I notice his hand in his pants. Dirty little animals~ I smile and place my hand on his cheek. He's so entranced he doesn't feel the magic. I turn away laughing. He won't stop till it has killed him. 

"It makes your blood run hot
It makes your spit taste sweet
It makes you feel more alive
Than you have ever been~" 

Some dancers come out and take their places on the poles. Throw it into your mouth~ Even with fully naked women in front of them, all eyes remain on me. Gets stuck between your teeth~

As I walk past a table, a demon reaches out and grabs my ass then my tail. Why would you die up there~  I whip around my eyes alight with rage. The demon shrinks back as the air around him becomes suffocating. When you can live underneath?~ The spell cements him in place. His eyes widen in fear. 

"Dirty little animals
Beautiful cannibals~"

I turn away as the demon's screams fill the air. A dozen cannibalistic demons surround him and begin tearing into his flesh. His pleas for help and mercy are drowned out as Harley turns up the music.

"Slide, shake your bones out if you wanna ride
Throw your head back, make you feel alive
The kind of bad that make you feel good, good
God, the kinda wrong that make you feel right
The little death that make you feel alive
The kinda shouldn't that mean that you should, should, should~"

My gaze lands on Dan's figure in the back. Dirty little animals~ He leans against the wall next to the door with his arms folded over his chest.