Chapter 27

*Hell Jan 2. 2019*

I brush the invisible dust off my jacket while looking in the mirror. Al's and Harley's echoes appear next to the mirror nodding in approval. The room Charlie gave me at the hotel is decent. It's clearly one of the only rooms she has actually fixed up and with a soft whistle from my lips the room is transformed into something more suitable for my taste.

As I open the door Charlie is there bouncing on her heels with excitement.  "Thank you so much, Siren! I know I say it a lot but it means a lot to me you're here to help." Charlie smiles.

If I wasn't here to get back at her father, I have a feeling me and the princess would have been good friends. I put on a soft smile and place my hand on her shoulder. "Happy to help." 

Charlie walks next to me as we travel down the hall. "Oh I.. uh saw the sign changed? Hazbin Hotel?" Charlie asks. 

I shrug amused that she noticed so quickly. "Seemed more fitting. That and demons are more like to stop by." 

"Oh." Charlie looks at the floor in thought. She stops moving and I make it a few steps ahead before I stop to face her. 

"Listen kid. If you want people to take this seriously you've got to get on their level before pushing them off." I explain. My gaze wanders around our environment; unidentified liquid dripping from the ceiling, fading wallpaper, ripped carpets, the list goes on. "You've got to give sinners a reason to give a fuck about what you have to say." 

As Charlie looks up at me footsteps echo down the hall. Her gaze sweeps past me to look at the approaching demon.

"Ah Stitches, perfect timing!" I turn to the bat demon with a smile. With a soft hum a stack of papers appear in my hand. I hand one to Charlie and she examines it. A poster depicting the hotel with blood red letters spelling out Second Chance printed along the bottom. I hand the stack of posters to Stitches and they run off ready to put the prints up all over Hell. I turn to Charlie, "If you want this thing to happen then you've got to advertise. One little interview with 666 News isn't going to do it. It's a start sure, but you've got to raise your voice."

"But the interview was a failure? People thought it was a joke." Charlie looks down dejected. 

"Yes it was. But it was also entertaining. It worked in your favor ultimately." I smile.

"But how? Every time someone will here about the hotel they'll just think it a joke." Charlie gestures to the building around us. "No one will give this the time of day after that trainwreck."

I shake my head and whistle. The hall cleans up and looks halfway presentable. Charlie looks around in slight awe. "Well then we'll just have to make them look." 

"You stumble through your days
Got your head hung low
Your skies a shade of grey~"

I take Charlie's hand as the air around us begins to grown heavy.

"Like a zombie in a maze
You're asleep inside
But you can shake awake~"

We arrive in the lobby which has been cleaned already of every speck of dust thanks to Nifty. 

"Cause you're just a dead man walking
Thinking that's your only option
But you can flip the switch and brighten up your darkest day~"

With a wave of my hand the lobby transforms. I turn to Charlie with my hands on her shoulders. My magic flows from my voice and changes her outfit making her look less of a teenage princess and more of a respectable business woman.