Chapter 28

*Hell Feb 20. 2019*

There's a knock on my door that pulls me from my thoughts. With a glance over my shoulder I call out to whoever is on the other side. "Enter." 

The door opens near silently and Charlie comes in. I turn around to face her with a smile on my lips. The echoes have been keeping me updated on our little spy. Apparently Vaggie went to tell Charlie immediately, but as I predicted the princess didn't believe her. Though the past few days Charlie has been distant, so I suppose deep down she fears what Vaggie told her. 

"Ah, princess, what can I do for you?" I ask and fold my hands in front of me. The echoes appear on the wall behind me. 

Charlie glances from Al's echo to me. "I've come to apologize for what I did a few days back." She explains. "It was wrong to force that on you and you were correct, I had no right to do that. I'm sorry." 

I step away from my desk to stand in front of Charlie. "I appreciate the sentiment princess." I place a hand on her shoulder and she flinches. Maybe she is scared of me. "But I should thank you. Sometimes it's good to be reminded of what I've lost." 

Charlie relaxes a bit and smiles. "That's good I could help you then." I nod and remove my hand before turning away. "Wait there's one more thing." Charlie says. I pause, my back still to her. "I know you don't normally participate in any of the activities I plan, but I was hoping you could put on one of your shows for the hotel." I glance over my shoulder at Charlie with my eyebrow raised. "It'd just be one small thing. You don't have to if you don't want to." She adds quickly.

I look forward at the echoes on the wall. We've been looking for a way to best Lucifer for a while now and I think I might have the right spell, but I'd need demon souls. I tap my darkened finger against my cheek in thought. I could have the spell done by this performance and use the aura of the demons in attendance. A smirk grows on my face. 

"Of course Charlie." I spin around to face her with a cheery smile on my face. "I would be delighted to help out this one time." You probably won't want my help after it's done though. 

"You will?" Charlie asks as a smile grows on her face. 

"I will. When were you thinking?" I ask.

"Well, I know it's last minute, but could you possible be ready for tonight." Charlie nervously fiddles with her fingers.

My smile nearly drops, but I manage to keep it up. Tonight? That's not enough time. "Sure thing Princess. But I'll need the rest of the day to get ready." 

Charlie's smile grows tenfold. She jumps at me and wraps her arms around my body in a tight hug. "Oh thank you! You can take the rest of the day to get ready. I'll go get everything ready downstairs. I was thinking after supper at like 7:00?" She pulls away. 

I step out of her reach quickly and nod. "I'll be down by seven." 

Charlie seems to bounce in place as she smiles at me. "Thanks again Siren." She waves as she opens my room door and disappears down the hall, the door clicks shut after her. 

The moment the door is shut my smile drops. I turn towards the echoes. "Tonight!? I've got to get the spell done by tonight. There might not be another chance like this. How do I get the spell done for tonight?" The echoes just shrug mutely. I pace around the room. "Okay. Okay, okay, okay. I've got to focus." I point at the echo of Harley. "Head downstairs and keep an eye on the princess. Report to me every hour." 

Harley nods before slipping under the crack of the door and out into the hall. 

I point to the echo of Alastor. "I need a demon. I need to make sure this spell will work. Grab two and meet me at the club."