-9-

Sukuna can't take his mind off the gift Megumi had given Y/N. What even is the significance of that gift to them? What does it even mean? He's been wondering what the relationship between the two weak creatures was. Well, Megumi isn't particularly weak but Sukuna considers him as someone who's below him, just like everyone else.

Sukuna hasn't seen Y/N in days because Gojo deployed Megumi in another town with Y/N. How can he kill Megumi if he's not around? It's been bothering him and he can't take it any longer. He must do something.

"Do you think this one tastes good?" Megumi asked Y/N while pointing to a pack of cheese ramen. She shrugged her shoulders because she doesn't eat this particular ramen.

"The only way to know is to buy it, cook it, and eat it," she said making Megumi nod his head and even told her she makes sense. Y/N feels confident and comfortable around Megumi. Almost feeling like she's finally found a friend. Although there are times she thinks that Megumi seems awkward, she still enjoys his company. 

Megumi paid for the ramen and the yogurt drink she got for herself. She didn't protest because Megumi has been paying for all their meals courtesy of Gojo sensei's money. That's what he said. 

"I hope this tastes good 'cause I'll blame you if it isn't," Megumi said making her laugh. They both laughed. They continued to tease each other until she felt a very strong cursed energy that made her feel uneasy. Her knees are trembling from fear.

Outside the convenience store, they're in, she sees Itadori with his closed eyes. This only means one thing, Sukuna took over his body. She knew, just looking at Itadori, that she'll get hurt and die.

Why is Sukuna even here? Itadori is not supposed to be in this town. What happened to Nobara?

Y/N looked at the plastic bag slowly falling on the floor and looked back at Megumi who was already looking at her with anger in his eyes. Megumi immediately raised his hand and shoved her away. It was so powerful that she felt she was lifted through the air and flew right through the glass walls of the store. She screamed in excruciating pain from her back, her head, and her arms. Pieces of broken glass are pierced in her hand. She feels dizzy. She feels like she's dying from the pain. 

Sukuna was surprised by Megumi's sudden action. He was so amazed that he laughed at him. He can't think of anything else but pity for this human. Protecting a useless piece of trash will only bring danger and nothing else. Sukuna knows he can kill Megumi in an instant but that would be a waste of time. He already wasted a lot of time getting to this place just so he can see the very trash that was screaming like a cow. 

"What the fuck are you doing here?!" Megumi angrily asked. Sukuna didn't like his tone. He barely did anything to both of them and they try to antagonize him.

"I just feel like it. Why do you even care?" Sukuna said.

What the fuck did I just say? That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever said in my entire life.

Megumi was confused and clueless about what Sukuna meant. Did he really come here for nothing? He's more than ready to attack him and the confusion made his guards down. This must be a joke.

"I came here to..." see her. Sukuna came here to see her. It's been days and he can't stand another day thinking she's here with Megumi. But Sukuna can't say that. He'll sound even more ridiculous and Megumi will only think that she's his weakness which she isn't. 

Sukuna looked at the plastic bag on the floor and immediately thought of an excuse. He can say that he went here to eat cheese ramen but before he even said that. Megumi ran to where Y/N was thrown off by him. The sight of Megumi touching Y/N's face made Sukuna extremely pissed. 

"Y/N! Are you okay? I'm sorry I did this to you," Megumi said. She can't see him anymore. The blood from her head trickled down her right eye, making her sight blurry. Her left eye is shut because of the glass fragments that went into it. 

She's badly hurt. Megumi holding her frail body made it even more painful for her. Her mind is blank. Everything she's feeling is filled with pain. Megumi is trying to lift her up and bring her to safety but Y/N felt another rush of extreme pain when Megumi suddenly let go of her and dropped her to the ground.

"I came here to kill you, Fushiguro," Sukuna said while holding Megumi's neck on the ground beside Y/N. The overwhelming anger Sukuna feels clouded his mind and continuously beat Megumi. But as a powerful sorcerer, Megumi won't allow to lose this fight.

"N-No," Y/N said. It was so weak she wasn't sure if they can hear her. She just wants everything to stop. She can hear Megumi grunt from the pain followed by Sukuna's laugh.

How can he be so evil? How can he laugh in the face of the people he killed? How can he randomly take over Itadori's body just so he can hurt other people? Why is she even asking herself that? He's evil through and through. He will never be good. His ominous presence attracts more cursed spirits and will soon bombard their place. It will put them in more danger.

She needs to help Megumi. It doesn't matter if she dies as long as Megumi lives or at least helps him buy some time for him to regain his strength. Y/N gathered all the strength left in her to stand up. It hurts. Her feet hurt. She has the courage to lean on the store's concrete walls. 

When Megumi was once again pinned down on the ground, his eyes met Y/N's. He's hurt and he's in pain but probably not as painful as Y/N's. She's vulnerable and she's not physically strong but she manages to stand up. Megumi can't accept that fact especially now that Sukuna is putting more power on his fist. Sukuna can easily kill him but he's being physically tortured with his strength. 

Megumi didn't take his eyes off Y/N even though he was being strangled to death. He let out a loud gasp when Y/N fell down on the concrete ground making a loud thud. He used his remaining strength to shove Sukuna's hand away from his neck but he won't budge. He can't let Y/N die. 

"P-Please..." said a voice so weak it sounded like a wind passing by. A cold wet hand touched Sukuna's foot which made his hand on Megumi's neck loose. He got stiff looking at the weakling pleading on the ground. Megumi used the chance to summon Nue and take the flabbergasted Sukuna away. 

Sukuna just went with Megumi's bird and didn't try to fight with it. Nothing can make him snap out of his senses but the fact that when Y/N touched him...

He didn't see any vision.

(Another long-year update and here I am apologizing again :[ It's been 2 years and this story isn't even done ugh! I'll try to update more so I can finally finish this as an apology. And as usual, I love you guys! I appreciate you still waiting for me to update this story <3 you are my bestest soldiers)