2

"Couldn't take him/her out cause mom's got no money. It's stuff like this that makes me wish that I could change somehow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes widened as they spotted him, with his blue hair sticking out in different directions and his green eyes lazily scanning the quite empty shop. There weren't much people here because it was quite early still. We had decided to start practice early today, since Calum had a soccer game later today. And maybe me being up early was related to the fact I drifted off easily.

I swallowed nervously as I stepped towards the counter, keeping my eyes on the list of possibilities to see what I would get for Calum and I.

"Can I help you?" I swear my heart stopped at those words as my eyes found his. His voice was just so amazing. I bet he could sing wonderful.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, making me realize I had been staring at him without answering. I'm so embarrassing...

"Eh, yeah. Sorry. Wow." I rambled, mentally facepalming, because good job Ashton, he probably thinks you're an awkward and embarrassing person. No way he'll ever talk to you again after you leave this shop...

But to my surprise, he chuckled and gave me a smile. A smile that could literally light up a whole building. Or well, that's my opinion. It was just a very beautiful smile. I'm talking too much, aren't I?

"Eh, can I have a medium Latte and a medium..." I bit my lip as I looked at the list of drinks again, trying to decide what to take for Calum, while Michael seemed to be writing something on a cup. "I'll go for the Nutella thing, I guess."

"Alright. Can I have your name, please?" He looked up at me, his smile still vaguely present, making my cheeks heat up slightly.

"Ashton." I managed to blurt out, him simply grinning and writing on two cups, before nodding and putting them down next to him.

"That'll be eleven dollars and twenty-five cents." I quickly fished my wallet out of my pocket and gave him the exact amount of money I needed to pay. I never really liked getting change back, because you had to put it back quickly to take your receipt and stuff so the next costumer could be handled. So yeah, not really interesting I guess.

"It will be ready in a few." He told me with a smile, handing me my receipt. I took it with a small nod, stepping back and watching him make the drinks. Who knew he could be so cheery? I mean, to me he kind of seemed like someone that didn't exactly love life or something. But maybe he was just amused by me being so akward. That could be it.

"Ashton, twice." He suddenly called out, my eyebrows raising slightly as I shrugged to myself and stepped towards the part of the counter where you took your drinks. He put the drinks between us and gave me a wink, before walking back towards the cash register as I was fighting a blush.

He probably just had something in his eye. Yeah, that must be it...

I took the drinks and quickly exited the shop, shaking my head as I looked at the drinks to see which one was mine. My eyes widened as I saw a message scribbled down on the Latte (which was mine, luckily).

Maybe meet me at the park? 2PM x

His handwriting wasn't that bad. Wait, why am I thinking of his handwriting? This sounded like... A date, maybe? Nah. I bet he just wants to meet up to talk, right? He probably just wants a friend.

I took a sip of my Latte, fastening my pace and soon entering my house, Calum's Nutella-something still hot and my own Latte still about three quarter full.

"Took you long enough." Calum joked as soon as I entered the garage. I simply shrugged and gave him his drink, sipping mine.

"Hm, what is it?" He asked me, after he had smelled it, his hands around the cup as if to warm his hands up.

"Something with Nutella." I mumbled, sipping my drink again and plopping down next to Luke, whose hair seemed slightly messier than before. I always wondered how small things like that, were the things I noticed. But maybe he had just ran his hand through it.

"Hm. It's not bad." I simply nodded, my head with the blue haired boy once again. Should I go to the park and meet him, or not?

I think I know what to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I checked my phone once more: 2:02PM. Damn it. Would he still be there, or would he have left?

Why was I even doing this? I should've went with Calum to his soccer game, just like Luke. But it just wasn't something for me. Watching some boys run after a ball, trying to kick it in a goal. I preferred books and movies. Being inside and doing nothing special. Maybe some drumming, but that was it.

I let out a small sigh of relief when I got to the park and immediately spotted a familiar blue haired boy on the nearest bench, my heart skipping a beat. If only seeing him made my heart skip a beat, then I wondered what would happen if we had a proper conversation...

"H-hi." I squeaked out, immediately embarrassed I couldn't say 'hi' like any normal person would have done.

Michael turned around, his illuminated green eyes meeting mine, a smile spreading on his face. "Hey."

"So eh, if you don't mind m-me asking," I swallowed, trying to push the sudden nerves away so I wouldn't stutter more and make a fool out of myself, "why did you ask me to come here?"

His smile didn't once falter, his beautiful voice explaining, "Well, I actually wanted to ask you out on a date, but I didn't exactly have any money. And it's stuff like that, that makes me wanna change somehow, but I guess a simple talk in the park could do, right?"

"I guess, yeah." I answered, slightly more comfortable and confident, a smile slowly making its way onto my face. Maybe nothing was wrong with this after all. Maybe this could really be something.