5

"But now, who knew? He's/She's in the crowd of my show. Nothing to lose, he's/she's standing right in the front row. The perfect view."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashton's p.o.v.

"Holy... Is this even real? Is this seriously real?" Calum was looking at the small crowd that had gathered, then turning to us with wide eyes. I couldn't quite believe it either, but I wasn't as happy or excited as the other boys. I should be, but Michael couldn't come and that just made me... Sad? Disappointed maybe?

And maybe also a bit unsure. What if he didn't like me after all? When I had asked him to come, I hadn't expected that he would come up with a simple lie as 'I have to go to my aunt'. Sure, it could be true, but it seemed more like a lie... Or am I thinking too much about it?

But, I had to admit, Michael was different than I would have thought. He was more confident and quite flirty.

It wasn't that I didn't like that, but it just... Surprised me? And maybe, secretly, I had hoped he would be like, softer, you know? More the unsure one out of us two, so I could be there for him. And it kind of fit me, since I was the oldest anyway.

The date, which we had almost a week ago by now, had been nice. We had eaten a sandwich and they were indeed good, but there was this awkward atmosphere. We did talk and question each other, but it was as if neither of us felt happy to be there anymore...

"Ash, you ready?" I looked up at Luke, his blue eyes still bright and clear in the darkness of the backstage-world.

"Yeah." I bit my bottom lip before managing a big smile. "Let's do this!"

The other two boys cheered and picked up their instruments, me twirling my drumsticks in my hand as I had been holding them already. I should just forget about Michael and enjoy this show. It had been my idea to get a gig after all, so I definitely should enjoy this.

"And I would like you all to welcome tonight's entertainment," someone started, sounding as if he was talking into a microphone, "The band without a name!"

My eyes widened once he had announced us, realising we didn't have a name yet. That was so stupid! But he solved it well, I guess. And maybe this could be our name? Nah..

Luke and Calum gave each other and me a look as if to say 'oops', before walking out and waving at the crowd, me following behind and going to sit behind my drums.

"Good evening, everyone!" Luke yelled into his microphone happily. "So, we just realised we don't have a name, but that doesn't really matter. So, I'm Luke!"

"I'm Calum!" Calum then yelled, grinning at the crowd, that cheered after both their introductions, causing me to yell into my own microphone: "And I'm Ashton!"

"And we're the band without a name. At least, tonight we are. So yeah." Luke chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "This is our cover of I Miss You, originally from Blink-182, enjoy!"

Once Luke had said that, I counted from one to four and started drumming to the familiar beat of the song. The boys soon joined in and eventually Calum started singing, causing me to look up for a moment, my eyes moving from Calum to the crowd.

And who knew? Right in the front row, stood a certain boy, with his hair no longer blue, but now a reverse skunk. His green eyes sometimes lighting up because of the lights that moved around. He's in the crowd of my show...

A big and genuine smile made its way onto my face as I continued to drum, happy he came anyway. And him being in the front row, gave me the perfect view. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you and maybe until a next time!" Luke yelled, waving at the crowd, that was cheering loudly.

We all let go of each other, as we had been in a line to take a bow, before walking off the stage and into the darkness of the backstage.

"That was- we were- and holy- just wow." Calum rambled, eyes wide. Luke just stood beside us, shaking his head as he opened and closed his mouth, as if he didn't know what to say.

"You guys were amazing." I froze for a moment, before turning around with a wide smile to see Michael standing there, his hands in his pockets and a shy smile on his face.

"Thanks." I told him honestly, biting my lower lip. He smiled a bit wider, rocking back and forth on his heels slightly. His cuteness was just too much and he made me want to hug him so badly. I guess I have nothing to lose, right?

I practically jumped forward, putting my arms around him in a hug and surprising him. He seemed a bit tense at first, but then -to my surprise- hugged me back. He nuzzled his face in my neck as he pulled me as close as was humanly possible. Who knew he could be this cute?

"They are so cute." I heard one of the boys mumble, then some more whispering and chuckling. I didn't mind though, I simply continued to hug him, until it seemed like we had been hugging for a year.

"Hi." I told Michael, giving him a small smile once we had both pulled back from the hug. He smiled widely at me. "Hey."

"So, we heard a lot about you." Calum suddenly said from beside me, his arms crossed in front of his chest, an eyebrow raised.

I saw Michael's eyes widen for a slight moment as he swallowed, before his eyes met mine. He seemed confused as well as a bit scared.

Wait. Michael and scared? I thought he was always confident. And why would anyone be scared of Calum? He's like a puppy. Not only by looks, but also by personality. Though I have to admit that he looks a bit scary right now.

"Really?" He seemed a bit surprised as he looked at me shortly, cocking his head to the side slightly as he looked at Calum again.

"No, actually nothing. He's just joking. But Ashton did tell us he had asked a friend to come." Luke told Michael, causing Michael to relax a bit and chuckle, while Calum pouted at Luke.

"I wanted to scare him, okay? But continuing on Luke's words," Calum turned to me again, raising an eyebrow, "you told us you had asked a friend to come, not... Eh, boyfriend?"

My eyes widened as my cheeks heated up. Sure, I would like to have a boyfriend, but Michael and I only knew each other for about a week now. Being boyfriends wasn't something I saw happening soon. Besides, Michael didn't seem like a person to really commit himself. Even though I have to admit that his reaction to my hug made me doubt my thoughts.

"Oh, e-eh, wow. We only know each other for about a week? I think that's a bit too soon." Michael told Calum, his eyes slightly widened and his cheeks slightly flushed. "But we have been on a date."

Calum grinned at me as I looked at Michael with raised eyebrows, slightly shocked that he admitted it so easily, but also a bit proud, I guess. He didn't seem ashamed to admit it, so that was good.

He looked cute like this, showing me a more... soft side of him. And I wasn't complaining. I liked it. But maybe he wasn't really like this? Maybe he only acted this way because my friends were here. I was confusing myself and I just couldn't help it.