7

"Sitting here at home, it's obvious."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Home, sweet home." I opened the door and motioned for Ashton to enter the house. He stepped in and looked around as I stepped in as well, closing the door behind me.

"It looks nice." He complimented, turning to me with a small smile.

"Thank you. You can hang your jacket here," I said, pointing towards the coat rack, "and you can simply leave your shoes near the others," I pointed to the many shoes on a rack against the wall, "or you can keep them on, whatever makes you more comfortable."

He nodded, taking off his jacket and hanging it on the rack, then plopping down on the floor to untie his shoes. I secretly watched him as I took off my jacket as well and then stepped out of my shoes, putting them on the rack with the others.

Ashton removed his shoes and placed them near the rack, getting up and looking at me expectantly.

"Eh, yeah. So, we can watch a movie?" I bit my bottom lip, not sure what he wanted to do. I did know that if he wanted to do something like cuddle, that I wouldn't be against it.

"Sure." He nodded, giving me a reassuring smile.

"Okay. Eh, why don't you go and sit in the living room or pick a movie, then I'll get us some snacks?" I gave him a questioning smile as he bit his bottom lip, seeming unsure.

"Do you just have DVD's or..."

"Oh, I have Netflix. Just turn on the TV and it should come up. I was watching something earlier today, so, yeah." I gave him an awkward smile, running a hand through my hair as he nodded, mumbling an okay. I nodded as well, Ashton walking into the living room awkwardly and me quickly entering the kitchen.

I took some random bags of chips as well as some other random bags of snacks, piling them in my arms before walking into the living room. In the living room, I put them on the coffee table that stood in front of the couch, before looking at Ashton again, who was looking at the many movies Netflix offered.

"Do you want something to drink?" He looked up at me, seeming to think for a bit. "Yeah, is just some water okay?"

"Of course, whatever you want." I told him with a smile, speeding back to the kitchen to get Ashton some water and me some soda, putting both our glasses on the table once I came back and then plopping down on the couch next to Ashton.

"So, did you pick a movie?" I looked at him, seeing him look at me as well, our eyes locking. His eyes really were beautiful. A hazel color that just made my heart stop, before it sped up as my breath hitched.

"Yeah, I chose the new Ninja Turtles movie. Is that okay with you?" I blinked a few times, returning to Earth and nodding. "Of course. I love them."

Ashton grinned, "me too."

He turned back to the screen and pressed play, putting the remote on the coffee table and quickly sipping his water, then sitting back. I was watching his every move, studying his profile. He was so beautiful. How could someone like him give me a chance? How could someone like him be interested in me at all?

"What are you looking at?" His beautiful voice made me blink a few times to, once again, return to Earth. He sounded a bit as if he was trying not to giggle, while I could feel my cheeks heating up, looking at the screen that was still in the very beginning. "N-nothing."

"Alright." He giggled softly, his voice full of amusement as I bit my bottom lip, trying to concentrate on the screen. The sound of the front door opening and closing made my concentration -if I even had any -disappear, Ashton pausing the movie.

"Mikey, honey. Is that you?" My mom's voice sounded through the hallway, rustling accompanying her voice, probably caused by her removing her shoes and jacket.

"Yeah, we're in the living room." I answered her, my bottom lip once again the victim of my teeth as I grew slightly nervous. I mean, it was normal for a boyfriend to meet the parents -or in this case my mom- but for someone I had only been on a date with... I'm not sure.

"We?" Her voice came closer and just as she had spoken her question, she appeared in the entrance of the living room, spotting Ashton easily. Ashton, in contrast to me, seemed relaxed and simply shot her a smile, quickly getting up to offer her a hand.

"Hi Miss. I'm Ashton." He politely introduced himself, my mom's surprised smile telling me she would approve of him.

"Oh dear, you're the boy who made my dear Mikey all flustered and happy?" My eyes widened slightly as my mom said that, my whole face probably burning up as Ashton looked at me in surprise, fighting what seemed to be a smirk. Damn those two.

"Apparently." He answered, turning back to her, smiling happily. His smile was contagious and before I knew it, I was smiling, despite my slight embarrassment not much earlier.

"Then I won't bother you two any longer," my mom told us happily, patting Ashton's shoulder and then turning to me, "Be nice, not too loud and if you're planning anything, be save."

If my face wasn't red anymore from before, I'm sure that just changed as my eyes widened and my face felt really hot again. Why did she have to say that?! We have only known each other for about a week, of course we weren't planning on something like that...

My mom saw my reaction, shot me a wink and then quickly left, while Ashton slowly turned to me, his eyes showing shock as his face was quite red. At least I wasn't the only one feeling this way.

"Y-your mom is... nice." He stuttered out, probably trying to make the best out of this situation. All I did was chuckle, all the awkwardness that had been there disappearing as Ashton started to giggle as well. His giggle sounded so wonderful, I really wanted to listen to it all day.

"Shall we just continue with the movie?" I suggested, after we had stopped chuckling and giggling, Ashton simply nodding with a big smile. Only now I saw his cute dimples, caused by his beautiful smile. I am so deep in already, aren't I?

I motioned towards the place on the couch that was left, as I was still on the couch. My mom entering the house wasn't a reason for me to get up, so I had stayed on the couch while Ashton was being polite and nice, introducing himself to my mom.

Ashton plopped down on the couch and looked at me as he realised I didn't make any move to un-pause the movie. I was just to busy staring at him while thinking about how beautiful he was. He was just so perfect. And the weird thing was, that I only really realised this all when I was sitting here at home. That's when it became so obvious.

"What?" He asked me, studying my face as my lips turned up in a smile. I didn't feel ashamed when admitting, "I was just looking at you, realising how beautiful you are."

His mouth opened as if he wanted to say something, before closing again as he bit his bottom lip, his cheeks turning a sweet pink. I simply looked at him with a smile, feeling a wave of confidence as I leaned towards him to take his hand. I tugged it lightly, gesturing for him to move closer, moving my legs on the couch and next to the back of the couch, but Ashton didn't move. He simply watched me in confusion.

"I wanna cuddle." I pouted, keeping up the pout until he scooted closer and went to lie beside me. He slumped slightly and put his head hesitantly on my chest, while my arms embraced him, my head leaning on his.

"Are you comfortable like this?" My voice wasn't much more than a whisper, but none of us minded as he replied in the same tone, sounding content, "I'm good."

"Good."