Chapter 30

Sierra's POV

It was late when the event finished, so when we arrived home, I immediately got changed and went to sleep.

While I was sleeping, I had another nightmare. I thought they would've ended by now. I guess that served me right for not taking a sleeping pill.

Realizing that I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep again, I lazily took a shower and got dressed. While getting dressed, I accidentally bumped into the drawer, which sent a wave of pain through my ribs. I mentally cursed, knowing that I was out of painkillers. I had to make a mental note to ask one of my brothers to buy them later.

It was 5:03 by the time I went downstairs, so I assumed that the others were still sleeping and decided to make breakfast.

While I was in the process of making pancake batter, I heard a noise. It turned out that Jett was working out and had finished. His eyes widened as he saw me.

"What are you doing up so early?"

"I couldn't sleep much, so I figured that it would be better to just get dressed and start the day."

"Did you have a nightmare?" he asked, seeming concerned. "If so, did you want to talk about it?"

"Uh, maybe later. After all, these pancakes won't cook themselves," I responded, trying to change the subject.

Jett watched as I flipped the pancakes while the pan was heated up. Wanting to be polite, I gave him a plate of pancakes while going to the pantry to find maple syrup.

"Thanks, Sierra," Jett said. "You didn't have to do this, but I appreciate the gesture."

"No problem."

After I gave Jett the maple syrup, I sat down and started to eat the pancakes I made. They tasted pretty good, considering they were made from scratch, and I was glad to see that Jett was also enjoying them. It was also good that my appetite was slowly starting to increase, as I could eat more food and give my body the fuel it needed.

After we finished eating, I put the maple syrup back into the pantry while Jett collected the dishes and placed them in the dishwasher.

"So..." Jett started to say after the dishes were placed in the dishwasher. "Are you busy at all today? Like, do you have homework or anything like that?"

"No, I finished all of my homework yesterday. I don't have anything to do today. How about you?"

"I don't have anything either. All of the major business deals are being handled by Stefano and a few of his work associates. But anyways, I asked if you were busy since I wanted to spend some time with you."

"Oh," was all I could say. I didn't expect Jett to want to spend time with me, especially when he seemed intimidating from past encounters.

"It's alright if you don't want to hang out with me. I completely understand." I couldn't help but notice a bit of disappointment in his tone.

"No, it's fine, really. I was just caught off guard, that's it. I'd be more than happy to spend the day with you." I gave a forced smile.

"Is there anything you wanted to do? To be honest, I'm not sure what your interests are."

"I don't know either," I admitted. Now that I thought about it, what did I like? Obviously, I enjoyed reading and cooking, but those weren't exactly the most optimal things to do on a weekend. While I sighed in defeat, Jett was quick to respond.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. How about we just go outside and find something to do there?"

"Would Stefano and the others be okay with that? Don't I need his permission to go out?"