Chapter 37

Sierra's POV
"Adrian's awake?" Cole questioned. "Well Gavin, I guess we don't have to worry about that huge dilemma from before."

"I'm glad we don't, Cole."

After we got off the plane, the five of us immediately rushed to get to the hospital. Our father and my step-mother didn't go, as they didn't want to overwhelm Adrian and instead went to tend to other matters. Meanwhile, at the hospital, we were escorted to Adrian's room.

"Adrian, how are you feeling?" Stefano asked.

"I could be better, but I'm glad to be awake again," Adrian coughed. "Can someone get me some water?"

"Sure, here you go," I said, handing the bottle of water to him. "We missed you a lot."

"Likewise, but I obviously missed you the most."

"Hey!" Cole exclaimed. "I thought I was your favorite sibling."

"You're my favorite brother, Cole, but Sierra's my favorite sibling."

"Well, why don't we ask Sierra who her favorite sibling is?"

"Yeah, who's your favorite sibling?" Adrian asked.

"Uh, how about we leave that discussion for another day? You should be recovering right now, Adrian."

"Sierra's right. Anyways, Stefano and I have to attend a meeting. The three of you can do whatever, but I expect at least one of you to stay with Adrian and keep him company."

"Wait, before you two go, can you at least sign the paperwork to get me discharged from here? I don't wanna be stuck eating hospital food any longer than I have to."

"Yes, Adrian, we'll get that resolved before we attend our meeting," Stefano replied. "Anyways, we're leaving now."

After Jett and Stefano left, the four of us chatted about what we might do over the break. Considering Adrian's and my conditions, we agreed that it would be best to stay home.

"What do you guys normally do over the break?"

"Well, we typically go on a trip somewhere, but we can do something else this year."

"Obviously, we're not going on a trip, Cole, but maybe we can do a Secret Santa."

"Good idea, Adrian. I feel bad for whoever gets Stefano though. That guy is too hard to shop for."

"Maybe we can buy him a better girlfriend."

"Gavin, don't say that kind of shit. Stefano simply made a mistake. Granted, it was a big mistake. However, he's still your older brother, and you should be nice to him."

"Whatever."

"Wait, a Secret Santa is the event in which you draw a name and secretly get a gift for that person, right?"

"Yeah, you're pretty much correct, Sierra."

We continued chatting about the idea of a Secret Santa until something came up.

"Shit, apparently Stefano wants Gavin and me to see him about something."

"Is everything okay?" Adrian asked. "Why would he want to see both of you?"

"Well, uh, school grades got released for the first semester. You know, since we had a bunch of exams before the winter break."

"How did you guys do?"

"Uh, let's not talk about that."

"There's no use hiding it, Cole. Both of us fucked up."

"Stefano's gonna murder us, isn't he?"