Chapter 33

Sierra's POV:

You know how I thought that I would be alright since I had a necklace with a tracker installed? Well, that turned out to be a disaster.

I don't know how Jace found out about my necklace having a tracker, but when he came back into the room, he had a menacing look on his face. Then, seconds later, he ripped off my necklace. That hurt like a bitch.

Worst of all, Jace proceeded to have two of his men attack me. During that time, he pulled out a syringe and injected me. Not being naive, I knew he was going to ship me off to somewhere either because my brothers found my location or because I could be more "useful" to Jace in a different location. Regardless, it wasn't good.

Before everything went dark, I promised myself one thing: I would fight my way out of here.

Jett's POV:

"Jett, any luck in finding our sister?" Stefano asked me. "It would be a shame if that necklace, which I spent $1000 on, went to waste."

"Well, uh, I think you should've bought insurance or a cheaper necklace," I said, trying not to laugh. "It seems as if the necklace was destroyed."

"What the hell, is this a joke? Can't you at least trace the location of the necklace before it got destroyed?"

"That's the thing, the necklace seems to be in one of our bases. Since that's the case, I think we have a traitor."

"For fuck's sake, can this day get any worse?" Stefano groaned.

"I'm afraid it can," I responded, seeing that an anonymous number texted me a photo of Sierra unconscious with a rope wrapped tightly around her. This was seriously bad. "Uh, you might want to check this out."

Stefano took a look at the contents on my phone, and then he proceeded to throw the phone to the floor. The phone's screen protector instantly cracked. 

"Dude, what the hell? This phone cost me so much money."

"Get a new phone, then. Also, it's not like I broke it. Just shut up and see if you can trace that number."

"How the fuck am I supposed to trace a number if it's anonymous?"

"Does it look like I have any idea?"

"Aren't you responsible for hiring hackers and people with computer science degrees in your business? Wouldn't you, I don't know, learn something from them?"

"Do you want me to put a bullet through your skull? Anyways, that's enough. Let's just go to that base and bring some men with us."

Unfortunately, when we got to the base, there was only the destroyed necklace -- the only indication that Sierra was here.

"Fuck, where could she be?" Stefano shouted. 

"How the hell would I know? She could be in a different state or country!"

"Call our allies in Italy, Japan, and South America. Ask them to be on the lookout for Sierra."

"Sir," one of our men started to speak.

"What is it?"

"Do you know where Jace and his group are?"

"Aren't they at school?"

"That's the issue. I contacted my cousin, who also goes to your sister's and Jace's school, and they said that Jace disappeared around lunch time. No one knows where he went."

"You don't think Jace was behind this, do you?" I interrupted. "There's no way he would do such a thing, right?"

"Unfortunately little brother, loyalty is something that isn't guaranteed in the mafia. Bastards like Jace are bound to exist."