ᨶꫝꪖᩏᡶꫀꪹ ᡶꫝꪹꫀꫀ

⪼YOU SNAPPED AND JUST COULDN'T ENDURE keeping yourself in check. You had been depressed for days, years even but you never cried. You never had a meltdown and was always apathetic about everything.

But just a little acknowledgement and you were all jumbled up. It wasn't because of the searing pain on your ankle but because you were finally freed from all those ropes that held you back. And that is why you bursted out crying and sobbing. You had been thinking, overthinking and feeding yourself with negative thoughts.

No one wanted you.

Not your mother.

Not your father.

Not even your brothers.

You were alone, left in some shabby apartment with people who didn't treat you like a human to survive on your own and with no one for you to lean on when you were at your lowest. And they just barge into your life, knocking into your door showing you a piece of paper that contained the evidence that you were related to them.

You just did that DNA test for fun and never really expected a positive result. Turns out you expected much more. And all those expectations just came crashing down the corner because you can actually see that you weren't needed and you told yourself— you didnt need them. And it was excruciating for you, someone like you who longed for family love and support to turn your back on the only family you were really related too.

But why were they saying you were their sibling now? After days of avoiding them and now meeting them coincidentally it was hard for you to accept the concept of being acknowledged as someone's sibling. Because you were afraid of getting attached only to be left like a broken promise. It was hard...

“H-hey, stand up.” someone had the heart to pull you up from the dusty ground and wrapped his arms around you.

You were completely leaning into him because you had no strength and was busy bawling your eyes out.

“Big brother– cheer her up! What are you doing standing there?!”

“I-... I don't even know why she started crying!”

“Just do something!”

“You two... Just–”

You didn't know who pulled you away from Rindou(obviously it was him because of his voice) and wiped your tears.

“Don't cry. What did you two even do to her?”

“We absolutely did nothing!”

“Hey, y/n. Are you okay? Do you want ice cream?”

You stopped sobbing at his comforting voice and suggestion. “W-what...?”

“I said, would you like ice cream? I always eat ice cream when I'm sad.” the guy with a scar running down from his head to his ear uttered.

“I'm... sad.” you muttered, your tears stopped from flowing as you blink your eyelids and his words sink into you.

Were you that sad? You hadn't noticed, in fact you didn't even know you were keeping all that gloom bottled up in your chest.

“Let's go. I'll treat you ice cream.” he gently assisted you until you exited from the dark building.

“Does you ankle still hurt?”

“Mhm.” you nodded your head.

“I think we need to bring you to a hospital. Your ankle looks like it's in really bad shape.” he pointed at your injured ankle.

You shifted your gaze to your ankle, noticing that prominent purple around it and it was aching pretty badly. “The hospital is far from here. I don't want to bother anyone. Please, just leave me here. I can go ho– I can go alone.”

“What do you mean leave you here?” Ran butted in.

“I can survive a sprained ankle.”

“We're going to a hospital. End of discussion.” Ran stated firmly with his tone that left no room for argument.

You opened your mouth to retort back but decided against it and took a deep breath. “Fine.”

“Great. Now, hop on my back.” Ran crouched down looking over at you.

“No.”

But you somehow ended up on Ran's back as he gave you a piggyback ride. His friends left minutes ago and it was only you three walking in silence towards the nearest hospital.

“Am I heavy?” you inquired, quiet curious at how Ran seemed to carry you without any problem.

“No.”

A small chuckle left your lips, you didn't believe him of course. Your eyelids felt heavy and you wanted to rest them even for a bit, so you leaned your chin into his shoulder and closed your eyes.

“I'm tired.... I want to go home.” you murmured.

“Of course. Why not?” Ran replied, glancing at you from the corner of his eyes.

You laughed softly at his reply. “Did you forget I have no home? So, I can't really go home.”

“What do you mean? You're coming home with us.” he averted his gaze after noticing the bitter smile plastered on your lips.

“Really? I thought you didn't want me as you sister, Haitani?”

“I... It was just shock. We were just surprised but that doesn't mean we wanted to treat you like that.”

“Hm.”

“Yeah... I'm sorry about what I said too. That's mean of me.” Rindou urttered beside you.

You just hummed, keeping your eyes closed canceling out all the noise around you and focused on your thoughts. Somehow, after crying your chest felt lighter and that tug in your mind has finally calmed down. You were processing things more rationally unlike when you met them earlier you were so irritated and snapped at them rudely.

The first time you met Ran too, that was real childish of you. You too were surprised at how you were the carbon copy of each other and accused him of copying your face. You usually don't point fingers at people.

“Are you asleep? We're almost to the hospital.”

When you arrived at the hospital, a doctor tended to your swelling ankle and told you that your ankle sprain was just moderate but you shouldn't really move or apply pressure and told you to rest, apply ice, compress and elevate your ankle for recovery.

You just nodded your head at the doctor's advice but was moderately annoyed at how you were to avoid physical exertion for two to four weeks.

Somehow, when Ran and Rindou was helping you with your crutches since the doctor recommended it, a guy suddenly threw some keys to Ran and you ended up inside a car and Ran was driving towards their house.

“Why are you taking me to your house?”

“Have you already forgotten? I told you you're going to live with us.” Ran replied and you sighed.

“I didn't told you I agree.”

“You– whatever. You can't do anything anyways.” he sent you a smirk, looking down at your injury before returning his eyes to the road.

His look made you want to throw your crutches at him, it was as if he was mocking you and informally telling you that you were an invalid person– well, you are. For now.

“Asshole.” you muttered lowly.

A few minutes of driving and you arrived their house, Ran was opening the gate while Rindou remained by you side watching for your every step.

“Welcome home, sister.”