13

I stood trying to fight back tears as my fists were clenched and my breathing was shaky. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I spotted the navy blue as her hand went up.

"Dear, it's alright." She whispers near my ear and I bite my bottom lip as I face her with a struggling smile.

"I know, I'm doing just fine. Don't worry." I assure her and I walk out of her grasp and head over to the door way where the children were. I took Claire's hand and went over to the bathroom upstairs to clean the cut. Her crying eased and I smiled a bit as I placed the band aid on and she gives me a soft smile.

"Thank you." She says as she gives me a quick tight hug.

"Not a problem." I say back and she runs downstairs. I go to follow her but get stopped short when Alma appears in front of me. Her eyes were narrowed and she frowned when she saw me.

"Did I do anything wrong?" I ask and she sighs before wrapping me in a hug. I tense at first but shortly relax in her arms.

"I know you're upset, you're just not telling me." She observes and I let out a nervous laugh.

"I don't know what you mean. I've been fine all this time, and I still am." I say and she raises an eyebrow as she pulls away placing her hands on my shoulders.

"The more you say it the less I believe it." She says with a small smile showing.

"Hey, I'm okay." I assure her before taking one of her hands in mine, rubbing it assuringly, before walking downstairs.

~~~~Reset~~

"I'm just saying, what if he returns?" Jacob says and Alma gives him a look.

"Mr Portman, polite persons do not talk back." She says simply and continues walking outside for reset.

"He could come back anytime, you should've killed him." He says and immediately regrets saying it out loud. Alma gives him a stern but panicked look as she knew I was standing beside her. Jacobs eyes go wide with what he said. "I am so sorry, I didn't mean that-"

"No no, it's alright." I assure him as I continue walking and Alma gives him sharp glare before continuing forward.

When the rain started falling and when the bomb almost hit, I wasn't really in the moment. My mind was busy with everything I told him and it still had no affect. Nothing. His eyes shown no emotion as I practically screamed in his face. I hoped that maybe my words had an impact but sadly it never does. That's why mom left. That's why we all did.

•••Almas POV•••

"Mr Portman, you never should speak about this again." I say firmly and he looks down as he sat on the side of his bed.

"I know, I'm sorry. I didn't know that would slip out." He says before looking up at me. "And don't act like you don't agree with me." I look for an excuse before I sigh out of defeat.

"You're right, but we shouldn't speak about this in front of y/n, it's not right. We have to respect what she wants to do." I explain and he nods. "Now get some rest. Goodnight, Mr Portman."

•••Y/n POV•••

The door to the bedroom opens and I smile when I see Alma come in. She manages one as well when she came in. She comes over to the edge of the bed where I was sitting and gave me a small peck on the lips before laying down next to me, not even bothering with putting her hair down. She lays on her stomach as she propped her chin on her arms and gave me a grin. I smiled back before I layed down on my side beside her.

"Hey, bluebird." I say and she smiles.

"Petit oiseau." She says and I smile some more from the nickname. "Adorable as always."

"Oh hush." I say and I laugh a little when she nuzzles her nose on mine. She wraps me tight against her and I move in closer, letting the comforting smell of vanilla fill my senses. She really was the only one keeping me together.

I try to fight back the thoughts of today but somehow they still stuck in my mind. I think of everything I said and it still hurt that he didn't even say anything. I didn't realize I tensed in her arms until she started brushing my hair back as her eyes met mine. I tried to smile but it went down immediately as the tears started to fall and she pulled me against her like both of us depended on it. And maybe that's because we did.
~~~~~~~~~~