Graduation

Alright, so this chapter is gonna finally introduce the love interest, that being... HINAMI!  I had originally intended for Mire to be the love interest, but I decided to pair her with Giyu.  Plus Hinami is an underrated character.

  Plus Hinami is an underrated character

Anyways, enjoy!

I walked through the gates, my eyes watering as I wiped the tears away.

Kane: Sabito... Makomo... Hinami... I made it.

Tanjiro: Oh, you're back!

He ran over to me, gasping in shock.

Tanjiro: Oh my god, are you alright?

I tilted my head, looking at him confused.

Kane: What do you mean?

Tanjiro: There's a hole in the front and back of your haori.

I looked down, noticing he was right.

Kane: I'm fine, that demon got the jump on me.  I have accelerated healing abilities, so there's not even a scratch.

Tanjiro nodded, still looking a little concerned.

Girls: Congratulations.  You have all successfully completed the Final Selection.  From here, you will choose the material that your blade will be crafted with.

???: No, screw that.  I want a sword, now!

A boy walked forward.  He had black hair, and a big scar across the right side of his face.  He walked up, reaching for the girls.  Tanjiro went to stop him, but someone else grabbed his wrist.

Isa: Don't make a scene, kid.  Back off.

The boy's eyes widened as she let go and turned towards the rest of the group.  The guy tried to punch my sister, which is where I drew the line.  I put on my mask, rising from the boy's shadow.  I grabbed his arm and flipped him, pinning him to the ground.

  I grabbed his arm and flipped him, pinning him to the ground

This is Kane's Mask.  Just like most of the Ghouls have codenames in Tokyo Ghoul, so does Kane.  His name is "The Kitsune"