Reunion

I walked up to the gates of the property.  They opened and I walked in, looking around.  The first thing I noticed was my sister sparring with another Hashira and friend of mine, Mitsuri Kanroji.  The second thing I noticed was a blade coming towards my neck as I dodged out of the way.

Kane: Haven't lost your attitude, eh Sanemi?

Sanemi: Who are you, and how dare you intrude here?

Kane: I'm a little offended that you don't... oh wait, I don't really give a shit whether or not you remember me.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I grinned at him as he growled, swinging his sword at me again.  I whipped my new guandao off my back, about to parry, but a scythe embedded itself in between us.  It had a chain on the end, pulling it back towards the gate and into Hinami's hands.  I'd trained her with the weapon and she attached the chain to give it more range.

Sanemi: Who-

Mitsuri: KANE!

I was tackled into a hug by Mitsuri, who came out of nowhere.  It felt like my ribs were being crushed.

Kane: H-hey Mitsuri... I can't breathe...

She ruffled my hair, getting off me.  As I sat up I sensed a dark aura nearby and I turned to see Hinami making a face that would haunt someone's nightmares.

Hinami: Who is that, Kane?

Kane: Oh, that's Mitsuri Kanroji.  She's the, uh... Love Hashira.  She's like another sister to me.

Mitsuri: Oh, is that your girlfriend, Kane?  I approve!

I blushed as Hinami smiled at her.

Hinami: Thank you, Mitsuri.  My name is Hinami Fueguchi.

Isa: Aw, so you finally confessed?

Kane: How'd you know?

Mire: It was kinda obvious.

I turned, seeing a girl with green and white hair leaning against the wall on the second story.  She jumped off, doing a flip and landing on her feet.

Hinami: Mire!

Hinami ran forward, hugging the girl.

Mitsuri: They know each other?

Kane: Hinami took the Final Selection with us.  Speaking of which... where's Tomioka?

Mitsuri pointed towards the waterfall nearby.  I thanked her, walking that way.  When I got there, I found Giyu Tomioka, the Water Pillar and my best friend after Hinami.  He was sitting on a rock in the water, meditating.  I looked around, picking up a pebble and throwing it at his head.  He put his hand up, catching it and tossing it back at me, skipping it on the water.  He opened his eyes, smiling a bit when he noticed me.

Kane: It's been a while, Giyu.

Giyu stood up, jumping over to me.  I grabbed his arm, pulling him towards the building.

Giyu: Hey, what-

Kane: You're coming with me, there's someone I want you to see.

We made it back to the estate, where Hinami was talking to Shinobu.  She turned around, smiling at Giyu.

Hinami: Hey, Tomioka...

Giyu's eyes widened as he stared at her.  She walked over, hugging him.  He slowly hugged back as tears began coming from his eyes.

Giyu: I-I thought... I thought you were killed... Kane said-

Kane: I only just recently found out.

I sat down and Hinami walked over, leaning over my shoulderand kissing me on the cheek.  She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and smiled at Giyu, who just smirked back.  He turned to Mire, and held out his hand, gesturing.

Giyu: Pay up.

Mire: that was years ago!  How do you remember that?

He smiled, and everyone looked surprised.

Isa: That's... the first time I ever saw Tomioka smile.

Giyu quickly went back to his neutral face as Mire dropped some coins in his hand.  Hinami and I deadpanned at them.

Hinami: Why are you paying him?

Kane: Were you betting on whether or not we'd end up together?

Mire smiled, nodding.  I sighed and was about to respond, but we were interrupted by Giyu's crow, telling Giyu, Shinobu, and I to head to Mount Natagumo.

Kane: Well, that's a shame.  Hinami, Kagaya offered for us to stay here, so I'll be back.

She nodded, going back to talking with Mitsuri and my sister as Shinobu, Giyu and I left, heading for Mount Natagumo.

TIMESKIP

We made it to a point in the mountain.  Shinobu went one day while Giyu went for a large demon in the distance.  I heard yelling, and I recognized the voice.

Kane: Tanjiro...

I ran through the trees, and I finally found Tanjiro.  Near him was a child, who I realized was a demon.  To be specific, the Lower Rank 5 of the Twelve Kizuki.  I landed in the clearing and the child turned to me, glaring.

Rui: Another Demon Slayer?  Perfect... die.

A web of red wires circled around me and began constricting.  I smirked as my Rinkaku whipped around me, ripping the wires to shreds.

Rui: Wha-

In an instant, I was standing behind him, my guandao in my hand.

Rui: Impossible... how did... you...

His head fell off his shoulders, landing on the ground.  His body walked towards Tanjiro and Nezuko, falling to its knees near him with his hand stretched towards him as the body began dissolving.  Tanjiro grabbed his hand, right as it finished dissolving.

Kane: Tanjiro, are you okay?

Tanjiro nodded and I smiled at him.

Kane: Then you just survived an encounter with one of the Twelve Kizuki.