Mugen Train: Aftermath

This is gonna be a short chapter, but thank you all so much for over a thousand reads!  Anyways, enjoy!

Hinami reached down to help me, but suddenly my instincts began screaming. I grabbed Hinami, pulling her down as a fist appeared where her head would have been.

???: Is that you Kane? I thought I recognized you!

I looked at the figure that had appeared there. It was a boy wearing a sleeveless jacket and baggy pants. with pale skin, red hair, and dark blue tattoo lines going across his body. At a glance he might look almost human, but what stood out about the demon was his eyes.

Hinami: Upper... Moon... Three?

Kane: Akaza...

Akaza smirked, standing up straight.  I got to my feet, as Hinami just sat there, frozen.

Kane: Himei!

In a flash of purple and white light, my owl appeared next to me.  But she wasn't in her owl form.

Kane: Please, take Hinami somewhere safe

Hinami: Wait, what?

Himei: Yes, master.

Himei picked up Hinami, spreading her wings as Hinami snapped out of her shock.

Hinami: Kane!

She called out to me as Himei flew off, carrying Hinami with her. Akaza pulled back his fist, but suddenly Rengoku appeared, cutting off his hand.

Rengoku: Rest now, Kane.  I'll handle it.

And with that, I blacked out.

TIMESKIP

Kane: WHAT?  I've been unconscious for four months?

Hinami nodded as I sighed, sitting up.

Kane: Well, whatever.  Where's Rengoku.  I have to thank him for saving me.

Hinami's face dropped, and my eyes widened.

Kane: No...

Hinami: I'm sorry... Rengoku is gone.

Kane: K-Kyojuro... is dead?

Hinami: Yes... I'm so sorry Kane.

I sat there for a few seconds, then punched the wall, cracking it as Hinami wrapped her arms around me.

Hinami: It's not your fault.

Kane: If I had been stronger... I could've... I-I could've...

I broke down in tears, as Hinami tried to comfort me.  After a few minutes, I looked up at her.

Kane: The others... Inosuke, Zenitsu... Tanjiro and Nezuko.  Are they okay?

Hinami: They've already gone out on another mission, with Tengen Uzui.

Kane: Oh god, it's not even gonna be a demon that kills them.  Tengen is going to hate them with every fiber of his being.

Hinami laughed a bit, as I stood up, grabbing my Guandao and putting my Haori on.

(I don't think I ever mentioned this.  Giyu's haori is mismatched because half of it is Sabito's.  Kane has the other half.  The other half of Kane's haori is black, with purple flowers just like Makomo's Haori)

Kane: I have to go find my sister.

Hinami: From what I heard, she's out on a mission as well.

Kane: Alright.  Well... I guess I'm going to the Entertainment District.

Hinami: What's the point?  It'd take us a week to get there, their mission will be over by then.

Kane: Himei can get us there in an hour.

I whistled a bit, and Himei flew in through the open window in her owl form, landing on the bed.

Himei: I'm ready, master.

Hinami: Alright, we should go.

Kane: Wait.  One thing first.

I grabbed her shoulders and pulled her towards me, kissing her.  She kissed me back, pushing me against the wall.

Himei: Ugh, you had to call me here before you do that?

I sighed as we broke apart.

Kane: Alright, I'm ready.  Let's go.