Nezuko

I should mention that the only people who know that Kane is a Ghoul are Tanjiro and Nezuko, Tamayo and Yushiro, Giyu, Isa, Mitsuri, Muzan, Kagaya, and Hinami.  Nobody else knows about his powers.

I helped Tanjiro up, reaching towards Nezuko when I sensed something speeding towards us.  I swung my guandao, parrying Shinobu's sword which was heading straight for Nezuko's neck.

Shinobu: Oh?  Why'd you stop me, Kane-Kun?

She landed behind me as I stood over Nezuko.  I spun the guandao, glaring at Shinobu.

Kane: Sorry, Shinobu, but you're not killing her.

Shinobu: Are you protecting a demon?  That, let alone fighting with another member of the corps, could have you forcefully expelled.

Kane: Which is why you should back off.  I might be protecting a demon, but YOU instigated the fight, not me.  So I guess that we'd both be getting kicked out, right?

I smirked at her as she had a dark look on her face, brandishing her sword.

Kane: Tanjiro, take Nezuko and find Giyu.  I'm sure he's somewhere nearby.

Tanjiro nodded, picking up Nezuko and running away.  Shinobu lunged after them, but I blocked the attack.  She had an innocent smile on her face, but I could see the killing intent behind it.

Shinobu: Why, Kane-Kun?  Why go out of your way to save a demon?

Kane: Because she's not a normal demon.  She travels with Tanjiro, and doesn't attack humans.  I've seen it with my own- GUH!

She kicked me in the gut, knocking the wind out of me.  I fell to my knees as she jumped up, chasing Tanjiro and jumping from branch to branch.  Giyu appeared, helping me up.

Giyu: What happened?

Kane: Tanjiro and Nezuko are both here.  Shinobu's trying to kill Nezuko.

Giyu nodded as we took off, running after her.

Kane: Giyu... you get to Tanjiro and Nezuko.  I'll slow down Shinobu.

Giyu: You don't mean-

My Rinkaku erupted from my back as I jumped up, using it to swing from tree to tree.  I caught up with Shinobu as she turned around, her eyes widening.

Kane: Shadow Breathing, Seventh Form... Soko Kage!

My skin turned pitch black as I was engulfed in shadows, disappearing and reappearing in front of Shinobu.  I grabbed her arm, swinging her around and throwing her to the forest floor, before dropping down and pinning her, speaking in a warped voice.

Kane: I told you, Nezuko isn't like other demons.  She has never once devoured or even harmed a human.  She's not dangerous.

There was a flapping sound as my Kasugai bird landed on a branch above me.  My bird wasn't a crow, like most of the others.  It was an owl named Himei... or more specifically an owl demon.  She had a human form but only I knew that.

  She had a human form but only I knew that