Mugen Train

After Isa threatened Sanemi, he backed off.  It's been a few weeks since then, and Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke were currently standing on a platform preparing to get on the train.  Hinami and I walked up behind them as Inosuke was screaming about how the train was a monster we had to defeat.  I walked up to Tanjiro, who turned and smiled.

Tanjiro: Hey Kane, Hinami.

Hinami: Hey Tanjiro.  Nice to see you again.

Zenitsu walked over, going right to Hinami as I sighed.

Zenitsu: Hey there-

Hinami grabbed my arm, hugging it and smiling at him.  Whether she did it on purpose or not, I have no idea... but he turned away, muttering and looking dejected as I told them to get on the train.

Tanjiro: You're not coming?

Hinami: We'll be following the train on foot.  About forty people have gone missing, meaning it might have to do with the train itself.

Tanjiro nodded, following the other two on just as the train began to move.  Once it picked up enough speed, Hinami and I ran off after it.

TIMESKIP

Hinami: Hey Kane, look.  Everyone on the train is asleep... including Tanjiro, and the others.  Even Rengoku is sleeping.

Kane: Yeah, and I think I see the source.

I pointed at the front car, where a figure was standing on top of it.  Hinami and I jumped onto the train.

Kane: Hinami, you wake up the others.  I'll take him down.

Hinami nodded, running towards the back car to get inside.  I walked up behind the demon, who turned and smiled at me.

???: Oh, you're awake?

I grinned, pulling out my Guandao.

Kane: I was never on the train.  Shadow Breathing, Third Form: Silent Massacre.

I appeared behind the demon, who spun around.  I caught a quick glimpse of his eye... Lower Moon One?  Well, it doesn't matter... because his head is rolling away.  I walked over, picking him up by his hair and staring into his eyes.  I smirked.

Kane: For a Twelve Kizuki, you sure went down easy, didn't ya?

The demon laughed, confusing me.

Enmu: My name is Enmu.  And you thought that you killed me?  I'll let you in on a little secret... I'm very much alive.  I fused with the train before you got here!

My eyes widened.  I threw the head off the train, watching as it was enveloped in a layer of flesh.  Suddenly, Tanjiro ran up to me.

Tanjiro: What just happened?

Kane: The demon's fused with the train.  We have to find where his head is before-

There was a series of bangs, and Inosuke suddenly burst out of the train.  He laughed loudly, landing on the roof.

Tanjiro: Inosuke!  The demon is fused with the train, we need to find the main body!

Inosuke: HAHA!  I knew it!

Inosuke focused, before pointing to the front car.

Inosuke: My senses never lie.  It's that way!

I nodded, turning to them.

Kane: You two protect the passengers.  I'll finish off the demon.

They nodded, getting back into the train.  I summoned my Rinkaku, stabbing it into the train, ripping off the roof of the front car.  Below me was a weird bubbly hole in the train.  I once again ripped away the floor, revealing a massive spine.

Kane: So I just have to sever this?

I sidestepped as the train conductor stumbled past me, holding a needle of some kind.  He turned around, and I realized he was sleeping.  Enmu must be controlling him.  He lunged towards me again, but I grabbed his arm, twisting it behind his back and pushing him back into the other car, smashing the door handle to stop it from being opened.  I raised the guandao, but a tentacle shot out of the wall knocking me to the ground.  I rolled as it tried to grab me, my Rinkaku aiming for the spine and stabbing into it.  The train shook as I lunged towards it, swinging my blade... but I was knocked back again by the tentacles.  Suddenly, Tanjiro came spinning into the car.  His blade burst into flames and sliced the spine in half.  There was a scream of agony, then a horrible screeching noise as the train began to derail.

Kane: Shit!  The passengers!

Tanjiro and Inosuke dashed into the next car as I teleported to the car with the most people, closing my eyes.

Kane: Nngh... 

I used all of my remaining energy as the shadows in the train car turned pitch black.  Suddenly I was standing in a field, surrounded by the sleeping passengers.  I turned to see the train on it's side, and the others helping the passengers.  I fell to my knees, exhausted from all the energy I had spent.

Hinami: Kane!  Are you alright?

Kane: I'm fine... just drained.

Hinami reached down to help me, but suddenly my instincts began screaming.  I grabbed Hinami, pulling her down as a fist appeared where her head would have been.

???: Is that you Kane?  I thought I recognized you!

I looked at the figure that had appeared there.  It was a boy wearing a sleeveless jacket and baggy pants. with pale white skin, red hair, and dark blue lines going across his body.  At a glance he might look almost human, but what stood out about the demon was his eyes.

Hinami: Upper... Moon... Three?

Kane: Akaza...