A Day with Shady

Mk was driving, delivering noodles. He had gotten over his cold by now. He and Red were talking a lot more often, Things were looking good. He finished off his orders and went back. 'Finally, the end of the day' he thought as he pulled into the alley. He hoped out and walked into the shop. He saw Tang, Sandy, and Mei sitting down eating some noodles.
"Hey guys"
He said, putting his bag down.
"Hey Mk"
"Hello Mk"
"Hey'o Mk"
They all said.
"How was your day"?
Mei asked.

"Fine, at least I'm not sick in bed anymore"
Mk replied.

"Are you still drinking the tea I recommended"
Sandy piped in.

"Yep, it tastes so good"
Mk said while drooling a bit

"Delicious and healthy"
Sandy replied.
"Anyway I was thinking about throwing a sleepover at my place tomorrow"

"YEEEESSS"
Mk said enthusiastic.

"Well I don't have anything going on"
Tang said.

"Awesome, and Mei I'll see you..."

"Sorry Sandy, I have something to do"
Mei said while slurping some noodles. Everyone was in shock and staring at her.
"What..."
She said confused.

"GET HER"!!!
Mk yelled,Everyone proceeded to tackled Mei.
"WHERE IS MEI"!!!
Mk yelled.

"What"!!?!?
Mei said confused.

"The real Mei would never turn down a sleep over"!!!
Tang said.

"But I am the real Mei"!
She yelled

"Prove it then"
Sandy said.
"Tell us something only Mei would know"

"Fine,Mk come here"
She asked,Mk cautiously came closer.
Mei leaned over and whispered.
"Your lover boy is Red Son"

"That's Mei alright"
Mk said, They all got up and Mei brushed herself off.
"Why can't you come"?
Tang asked

"Well I have to take care of something at home"
Mei said.

"What is it exactly"
Mk asked.

"Well- uhh... It's a leak"

"A leak, really"?
Tang asked.

"If you have a leak Mei I can always come over and fix it" Sandy suggested.

"NO- I mean I can handle it"
Mei said sweating a bit.

"Well it's just a leak, it's nothing to bad"
Tang said.

"I really should..."
Before Mei could finish, the entire gang gave her puppy eyes. Mei tried to resist but ended up cracking.
"Fine let's go have a blast"

'crud'

* At Mei's apartment *

Mei walked into her apartment and closed the door behind her. She leaned against the door and sighed.
"Okay then, I'll figure something out
No problem"
She walked into the middle of the room.
"ohhh little guy were are you"!?!?
she called out, she listened for a second before hearing something from her room. She walked over to her room. She peaked in and spotted a small, black, scaly, tail peaking out of the closet. She smirked and walked over to the closet.
"Gee, I wonder where that adorable pain in the butt is at"
She pretended to walk away and watched as black and purple snout peaked out. She pounced back and spooked the black creature.
"*Giggle* you need some hiding practice little guy"
She watched as a small black and purple dragon walked out of the closet. He was a bit grumpy after getting jumped scared. She picked him up and carried him to the living room. She put him down on the couch and pulled up her phone.
"I'm not gonna be here tomorrow so we gotta find this out tonight"
Mei knew that it was a dragon, but it was a bit off. It wasn't a snake like Dragon like Mei. It looked more like a lizard with wings. Mei figured that it was dragon from a different area. She was struggling to find a website at first but she eventually found one. She scrolled through the different kinds of dragon's there were. She spotted a dragon that looked just like him.
"Finally found it"!

This kind of dragon is more lizard like. They don't have flight magic so they have wings they use fly. These dragons are most commonly found in Canada and America.

"NORTH AMERICA"!!!
Mei was shocked.
"How in heck did you fly across the entire Pacific ocean"
The dragon only respond with a small head turn. Mei sighed, she turned off her phone and went to plug it in.
"Stay put, I'll be right back"
She said before turning to go to her room. She walked in and immediately spotted the dragon sitting on her bed.
"Wha- how did"?
She looked around confused. She shook it off and went to plug her phone in anyway. After that she went to get ready for bed, The dragon followed along. Finally she hoped into bed, the dragon looked up at her from the floor. She rolled her eyes and patted the spot next to her. The dragon hoped up and laid down next her, They both fell asleep.

* The next day*

Mei woke up and saw the baby dragon down at her feet. She slid out of bed and tried not to wake up the baby dragon. She sneaked out of her room and went to the bathroom. She got ready for the day and locked all the windows and doors. She left the house and went to a nearby pet store. She looked around and spotted a few bird cages. She bought a few of them and went to the food mart. She bought some meat for the dragon and some strawberries for her. She also grabbed some other things.
"Plenty of mouths to feed huh"?
The sales lady asked.

"yeah, you'd be surprised how much they eat"
The lady giggled.
"Tell me about it I have five kids and twelve grand kids"

"Oof"

"Anyhow that'll be $12.99"
Mei handed her the money and went home. When she arrived home she got to work putting something together. The baby Dragon woke up and ran over to greet Mei.
"Hello little one, man you need a name and bad, how about marvin"!
The dragon shook its head no.
"Really, how about star"?
It shook its head no.
"Midnight"
No*
"Misty"
No*
"Shadow"
No*
"Shady"?
It perked up at the name.
"you like that one, shady"?
It nodded yes.
"Well then it's official your name is now shady"
Shady hoped around and laid down in the coach. Mei continued to work on the dragon pen.

* A few hours later*

Mei sighed in satisfaction. She took a look at the dragon pen she made for shady. She went into the kitchen and started to cook the meat. While she was cooking she had her strawberries out. she took one every now and then and took a bite. Shady walked in sniffing the air and hoped on the counter. He sniffed the strawberries a bit. he took one and swallowed it while. He seemed to really like it. Mei placed the meat in a bowl and walked over to the pen. She put it down and watched as shady walked in and started to eat away. She closed the pen door while shady was eating. He looked a bit confused and hurt. He sat pouting and looking at Mei.
"Please don't give me that look, I need to go and I can't let you keep wondering around the apartment, I'll see you soon don't worry"
Mei grabbed her bag and left.

*At Sandy's*

She knocked on the door to Sandy's. Sandy opened the door and greeted Mei. She walked in and was greeted with the sent of chocolate chip cookies. She said hi to Mk and Tang.
"So who's ready to party"!!!
Sandy asked.

"YEAH"
"YEAH"
"YEAH"

"I'ma go get changed first"
Mei said.

"Alright then don't take to long or I'm gonna eat all your cookies"
Mk said.

"You better not"
Mei said before going into the bathroom. She closed the door behind her and was about to change. But then she heard a yip from the bathtub. She looked over and saw shady sitting there.
"SHADY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE"!?!?

"Mei"
Mk called out.
"Are you okay in there"?

"Uhh, yeah I'm fine, just saw a spider"

"A spider, well kill it then"!!!
Mk yelled.
Mei panicked
'how did shady get here he was in his pen when I last saw him'

"What am I gonna do"