MAMA YELENA'S

Julio couldn't wait to get home and change; have a quick snack, shower, throw on a nice shirt, and jeans, and walk down the street to Yelena's.

He didn't go through the shortcut this time, out of respect for Lombard, and because he was still thinking about the incident, wondering why Lombard was still there.

Wondered what was wrong with him.

Why things hadn't moved on.

Why he couldn't see Lombard in the hospital?

What was keeping him here?

How could he go back? (If he could even go back).

Julio looked up at Lombard as he knocked on Yelena's door. "Ayo, I can't find a number for the stupid Medium Administration Services, so I guess you're stuck here for a while."

Lombard sighed. "They don't even have a number, Dummy—"

"—And how do you know this?"

"I read those manuals you have lying about. I checked the back, and the front and inside the covers for all of them."

Julio shook his head. "Guess I'm gonna have to go back to the library."

"Maybe—"

"—Julio, are you okay?" Yelena asked as the door swung open. "Are you talking to yourself again?"

Julio looked up at Yelena. "Ayo, uh I'm fine?"

She looked up at him, slightly concerned. "Coming inside? We've started on the Catrachas already. Just dig in."

Julio nodded and smiled as he walked inside, checking the clock on the wall. It was closer to half eight than it was half seven.

Max shook his head as Julio sat down beside him. "What kept you?"

"Ayo! I got carried away in the shower—"

"—I didn't need to know that much detail—"

"—Well, you did ask," Julio added as he sat down.

He looked around the room; Felipe was beside him, his wife, Sofia, and his two kids; Zach, and Zena followed; then Yelena, and lastly Jeremiah, her boyfriend.

Lombard floated around them to examine them, and he froze at Felipe, confused:

"Wtf? Felipe's married? I thought he was gay..." Lombard added.

Julio shook his head and signaled for him to zip it. Lombard smirked.

Zach looked at Julio funny and asked. "Is the weird man alright?"

Felipe scowled at him, slightly embarrassed. "Yes, Julio's fine."

Jeremiah smiled at Julio. "How are you?"

"Yeah, I'm good, how are you?" Julio replied. "I'm chilling here and enjoying my food." He took a bite out of one of the Catrachas and smiled before adding. "These are good."

Yelena added a gracias before she turned around and started to talk to Jeremiah. Julio was relieved as he could finally enjoy his food in peace.

"Pfft, that was awkward," Lombard added. Julio tried to ignore him. "Ayo, Jules. Why are you not talking to me? Come on..."

Julio started to eat his starter more intensely to block out Lombard, but Lombard went up close to his ear and yelled "JULES!"

Julio shivered a little and Lombard chuckled. He knocked the side of Max, who was eating some leftover beans from his plate, and he wasn't impressed.

"Watch it." He said back.