GINO'S

Julio thought about what Lombard had said, and it was playing on his mind. Even when he came back home and started to dress in a Hawaiian shirt and jeans to get ready for his meal:

"I kinda like you."

No one had ever admitted that before to him, so candidly and honestly.

Maybe this was the start of something new?

Or it was just lust?

There was one way to find out:

"Ayo, Lom. You like me, huh?"

Lombard nodded. "I do."

"In a more than friends' way, or just friends, or a lustful way?"

Lombard went silent for a moment. "I'm... honestly not sure..."

Julio fixed his belt and sighed, before grabbing a pair of dress shoes and slipping them on. "Are you sending me mixed messages?"

Lombard grunted. "Look, I don't know. I need more time to try and sort things out. Feelings are not definitive, and they can change. I need to get to know you more."

"Even though you've been hanging out with me non-stop this past while?"

Lombard glared and folded his arms. "You keep summoning me, and I can't control that. I don't have a choice."

"You can also hide, or not respond to me."

Lombard sighed. "Why are you being an impatient, pissy baby?"

"I'm not. Why are you being so fickle and indecisive?"

"I'm not."

"Ayo, whatever," Julio added as he walked out of the room. "Let me have this night to myself, let me be free."

Lombard nodded. "If you feel that way, I'll stay here until you drunkenly summon me, or I'll go and hang out in the ghostieverse away from you."

"Suit yourself." Julio slammed the door tight and went to meet Alexis.

They walked into town and made their way over to Ginos. It was on the nice strip, along where the rich heads from Angel Hills sometimes came to rub shoulders with the normies or wanted a night away from the spotlight.

Occasionally, someone like JTG or Andy Flow would come down and entertain the guests and pay for their bar tabs and food bills. Last week, it was Raul Costa. He hung around for a few hours and played some games of pool.

According to Teo, it was a great night.

The duo made their way inside and got seated at the table which Alexis had booked earlier. They were offered some breadsticks and a bottle of wine as a welcome gift before their appetizer.

Julio settled on some calamari and garlic bread for his, and Alexis went for the sundried tomato antipasto mix.

They decided to share their staters when they came:

"Ayo, good pick. This salami is unreal." Julio added between bites.

Alexis sampled the calamari. "This is nice too."

The bread came, and it was a tear and share loaf, with oils on the side of the plate.

Julio nodded. "Very good food."

"So, have you ever been here before?"

"Nope, this place is dope."

Alexis chuckled. "So, how's life been?"

"Just the usual mechanic stuff, watching TV, drinking, you know? Nothing much has changed since you left in that aspect."

"I see."