WHAT WAS THAT?

Julio pulled back a bit and looked at Alexis, whose face was blazing.

Alexis's heart was racing. "Did I take things too far?"

Julio paused for a moment. "I dunno. On one hand... this is nice... but on the other... you're not Mr. Mechanico... so it's weird."

"Who is he?" Alexis was curious.

Julio went towards the bar and his head was spinning. Everything was happening so fast; a ghost confessing he liked him, and now Alexis was coming onto him, after he confessed to liking him as well. He hardly had the time (or patience) to decipher it himself.

Sitting down on the bar stool made his ears ring. He yawned to pop them as he slumped over onto the counter. The barman (Rafael, according to his nametag) looked at him funny as Alexis ran over.

"Is he okay?" Rafael asked

Alexis nodded. "He's just had a long day, and he has work tomorrow."

Rafael seemed surprised. "And he's gonna make it in?"

"No idea, but it was my idea to bring him here."

"He seems like he's going through a lot."

"He has gone through a lot tonight. It's been a bag of mixed emotions for us both."

Rafael nodded and smiled. "I see. Can I get you anything? Like a glass of water, or a cup of coffee or anything?"

Julio opened his eyes and looked up at Rafael. His vision was blurry and his eyes watery. "Can I have a glass of orange juice, please?"

"And I'll have some coffee."

Rafael nodded and went into the back place and brought out a glass of orange juice, and a freshly brewed cup of coffee to them. "This is on the house. Enjoy."

"Thank you, Rafael," Alexis said back on behalf of them both.

"This tastes like freshly squeezed oranges... and not something squeezed through a sweaty ball sack for a change..." Julio quipped as he sipped on it some more.

Rafael chuckled. "It's the good stuff."

Alexis smiled too and drank some of the coffee. "This blend tastes good."

"It's from Guatemala, I think. Mountain Coffee. I've had some on my breaks before." Rafael added before he looked at Alexis to ask. "What brought you two here tonight if you have work tomorrow?"

"I wanted to clear the air, but as usual, I made things muddy; my friend with benefits, Lisa, and I kinda got annoyed with each other, and now, I kissed Julio here. The heat of the moment got to me too much, and now he's confused."

"Ayo, you didn't tell me you'd fallen out with Lisa."

"Dang!" Rafael exclaimed. "So, you two have some history together?"

Alexis nodded. "We've been friends since freshman year of High School."

"Just friends?"

Julio nodded. "As far as I am concerned. No hard feelings towards you, Alexis, we'll always be friends, but I don't know how things would work out between us."

"We'll be working together a lot—"

"---Listen... I love you as a friend... but I don't love you past a bromance or a crush, and it's... fine if you have one on me... but try not to make it awkward..."

"... Why?"

Julio set down his glass and sighed. "Because of Mr. Mechanico."

Rafael was invested. "Who's this mystery man?"

Julio sighed. "Someone that Alexis knows of too."

"Who?" Alexis added.

Julio rolled his eyes. "Do I have to say it here?"

"Is it Max?"

"No."

"Teo?"

"No."

"Who is it then?"

"Keep guessing."

"Who else do you know?" Alexis asked.

"I dunno... if you know them..." Julio added before walking out to the bathroom and sitting down on the toilet, "Ayo, Lombard. Lom."

Lombard appeared in a shower cap and a towel. "What? I was chilling like a villain."

"Uh... how do I tell someone I like them?"

"Just say. What is the worst that can happen? I told you that I liked you and we still talk."

"Okay, thanks." Julio nodded.

"No problem," Lombard added as he floated across the tiled walls and started to fade through them. "Lombard?"

"What?" He rolled his eyes and turned around.

"I like you. A lot."

Lombard stared at him since he couldn't go back to the Ghostieverse and chill. "You like me... in that way?"

Julio nodded back. "I really do like you... a lot... and I promise that this is me talking... and nothing else..."

Lombard raised an eyebrow. "Whatever you say, drunk boy. I gotta get back to my bath, it's probably overflowing—"

"—Lombard, wait, come back—"

Lombard shook his head.