Chapter 2

Felix Argyle sighed as he walked towards the dungeon.

Another day of torturing a scum awaits him and he resented it.

For six months, despite all the efforts of both him and Julius, the cultist never spoke.

No matter what he did, how painful his methods were, how badly he was beaten, the Sin Archbishop of Pride never uttered a word.

To Felix, it was just so odd as before the cultist was imprisoned, he spoke a lot. Begging and Pleading to be heard, even going as far as stating his name and affiliation with the Emilia Camp.

It has been so long that Felix forgot what the cultist's name was.

But all he did remember was that he proclaimed himself as the half-elf's knight, to which the person herself denied.

Felix still remembered the despair on his face when Emilia said those words.

"I don't want someone like you to be my knight. And even if you were, consider yourself relieved of your duty."

Seeing the cultist slump in defeat gave Felix such satisfaction that he almost made an ugly smile.

That smile faded when Felix never got the reaction he wanted everytime he fried the cultist's nerves, cut his fingers, burned his body and even severed some limbs.

He of course healed them back, Felix still needs him to spit out how to cure his lady.

But the temptation to just end the cultist kept growing, same as with his frustration at the cultist's silence.

Felix hated it, but he grew Envious at the cultist's apparent resilience. All he could see when his eyes met his were determination and rage.

"Hrrg~." Felix shuddered.

The cultist already has a nasty pair of eyes, the wrathful look on them sent goosebumps throughout Felix.

He shook his head, as he placed his hand on the prison door, behind him was Julius.

....

....

Julius hated the Sin Archbishop of Pride. With passion nonetheless.

Ever since he joined Felix in his "sessions" with the cultist, he never thought he could hate someone as he did with the Archbishop.

There were two reasons why, and one of them was the determination of the cultist to not say a word.

No matter how hard he hits, or even if he hits the most vital part he knew would bring pain, the results were the same. Silence.

Another reason was the stare of the cultist.

Julius has clashed swords with many opponents ever since he was young, be it an enemy or a sparring partner.

Due to that, he developed an instinct to know if his movements, his steps and his swings were being predicted. And he felt that with the cultist.

It's not as if he's dodging his strikes, rather the cultist managed to decrease his pain by bracing himself before the attack hits.

There was even a time when he almost killed the cultist with harsher beatings, as due to him reaching the limits of his patience.

The idea that his name being remembered lies solely on the Sin Archbishop's information irked him.

Julius's hatred towards the Witch Cult only intensified after the battle in Priestella. All the innocent people who died and turned into abominations by the Archbishop of Lust, allies who died protecting the city, and his name being eaten.