9

Pansy Parkinson

shit

What did I do? How could I do this? This is exactly what i needed to avoid! Im so stupid! What if she figures out who I am? Being a part of Draco's group and being a girl really narrows it down to me, Millicent and Daphne. Maybe Astoria? She's going to figure it out and tell everyone. She has proof of everything I said. She's going to out me and I'm going to be a pariah around here and get disowned by my parents. Oh Merlin.. my parents. I'm so dead if they find out about this. Especially with everything that's going on. I'm already too flawed, they can't handle this.

I can fix it. If I deny everything, deny it's me. Change my phone number? Marry Draco, have his kids, live a miserable life and die. That's perfect. Just perfect.

I groaned and threw my phone across the room. It landed inside my closet, which was ironic. I sat up from my bed and rubbed my face, only realizing I just ruined my make-up when the damage was done. I let out a frustrated shriek, clenching my fists together. I aggressively got up and stomped to my pathetic excuse of a desk full of make-up and mirrors to fix it.

"Everything alright in there Pans?"

"Hm."

The door swung open and Daphne barged in. She pouted at the looks of me. "Oh baby, you look horrible." She muttered. I glared at her and continued. "Hurry up, we need to go." Daphne inspected her body in one of the mirrors, turning around constantly. "Where to?" I asked, having fixed my eyeliner.

"It's Trelawney."

~~~~~

Almost every student had gathered around courtyard where Professor Trelawney stood, sobbing softly. A narly silence had fallen upon us, we all knew what this meant. Umbridge had made her first step towards 'improvement'. Filtch walked up to the Professor and dropped her trunk before her feet as she stumbled backwards until she hit another suitcase. Professor Umbridge walked through the doors and made her way to the center of the courtyard. Professor Trelawney nearly tripped again on her way towards the pink spawn of satan.

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here." She whispered. "Hogwarts is my home!" The whispering became sobbing again. "Y-you can't do this!" Umbridge pouted and then grabbed something from her robes. "Actually I can." Her voice was compassionate, but her message and expression wasn't. McGonagall entered the scene. She pushed a path through students and hurried to the sobbing woman. Then, my eyes layed on her. Hermione. Could she be more perfect? Her and McGonagall exchanged worried glances when she passed through, and her genuine worry did something to me. I don't know what's happening to me. I'm soft. I shook my head and returned my attention to where it was supposed to be.

Professor Trelawney was sobbing in McGonagall's arms. Umbridge tilted her head. "Something you'd like to say?" "Oh, there are several things I would like to say." McGonagall's voice was filled with anger, and rightfully so. I might not like her very much, but the woman's a good person. Hermione glanced at Weasley and he returned it. He gently took her and and intertwined their fingers. Hermione smiled faintly. My heart sunk. I could've cried. She shouldn't be with him. She should be with me. I should be the one holding — Suddenly we heard the doors open. It was abnormally loud, probably because it was dead silent, and everyone turned their heads. There stood Dumbledore. He stood in the opening for a while, maybe a dramatic flair and then walked up to the 3 other Professors. "Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?"

Professor McGonagall did what she was told, whispering things to the poor woman who muttered her gratitude, tears still streaming down her face. "Dumbledore," Umbridge spat. She was angry. "May I remind you that under the terms of Educational Degree Number 23, as enacted by the minister —" "You have the right to dismiss my teachers," Dumbledore paused, and I couldn't help but snicker at Umbridge's shocked expression. "You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster." Umbridge twitched, caught herself and smiled sweetly again. "For now."

Dumbledore turned away and started exiting. "Don't you all have studying to do?" He snapped as he walked through the doors. And with that, the entire crowd started moving. "Professor!" I heard Potter shout. I looked at Daphne who shrugged. "Professor Dumbledore, Professor!" Daphne sighed. "I suppose no divination for a while." She muttered. I grinned and Draco snickered. "Maybe the Ministry hag will do some good after all. To bad Dumbledore's still here to hold her back." He said. All my friends and Draco's followers laughed and followed him out. I watched them leave and turned around to look at Hermione, but found that she had left. Disappointed, I followed the Slytherins back to our common room.