Chapter 28 | In Love

NYX MANSON

"MISS MANSON?" ANGELO calls out as he moves to stand on the side of the couch I'm currently sitting on. Nicola stands a few feet behind him, his hands behind his back, and his eyes telling me he's on high alert.

I hum in response, most of my focus on my feet as I try to tie the laces of my sneakers properly. I smile up at my them once I have the perfect knots. It feels like I haven't seen them in ages.

With Vincenzo working from home most of the time, they are hardly around because I don't need a protection detail. "What's wrong?" I ask the two men with a slight head tilt.

"Mister Martinelli told us we can't let you leave the penthouse without him being present," Angelo informs me.

I frown. "Well, that's not fair at all," I huff while getting up. I don't think I need his permission to leave the penthouse for a few minutes, especially now because I officially live here.

My belongings from my apartment were moved here this morning. I think I'm allowed to move in and out of this place freely. "I'm just going to explore the hotel." They shake their heads.

They follow me as I get up from the couch and walk to the lift. I know most of the codes and Vincenzo added my palm print before he left this morning, so isn't that him trusting me to leave and be fine?

"Miss Man-"

"Why don't you call me Nyx anymore?" I groan while turning to face them.

"That would be unprofessional," they both respond in a flat monotone.

Vincenzo definitely said something to these two. "I know Vin-" The lift chimes behind me. I glare at my friends for a second before turning to face my boyfriend as he exits the lift. "Hi, Enzo," I beam up at him.

He doesn't even look at me as he walks past me. "Hey, baby." My smile falls slightly, and I fold my arms. He climbs up the stairs, and I follow him, leaving my bodyguards behind.

I follow him into his room and sit on his bed, crossing my legs over each other to get a bit more comfortable. "What's wrong, baby?" He asks while peeling his dark blue suit jacket from his body.

He throws it onto the bed. "Angelo and Nicola won't let me leave the penthouse," I whine.

He looks up at me with a smirk. "Yes, I don't want you to get hurt while I'm gone."

"I have two large, scary bodyguards. I doubt anyone is going to try to mess with me with those two following me," I state.

Vincenzo removes the silver circular cufflinks from his white dress shirt and places them on the nightstand. "You can go exploring while I'm here," he dismisses my words.

I fold my arms. "That is a little unfair." He sits down on the side of his bed and waves for me to come closer. I crawl closer to him but keep some distance between our bodies.

He groans before lifting me off the bed and placing me on his lap. "What did you say to Nicola and Angelo?" I decide to change the topic.

"I told them to respect you and address you properly," he admits.

He places his hands on my waist, and I look to the side. "I like it when they call me by my name." I just want my friends back.