Chapter 29 | Silly Guys

NYX MANSON

FOR THREE FUCKING weeks I've had the sound of my name coming out of his mouth so painfully on repeat like a broken record in my mind. I've had the image of the sad, glossed look in his eyes glued to my memories for the past twenty one days. 

My mind has been replaying every memory we shared like the reruns of my favourite TV show.

Every little detail about him I remember and miss so dearly. I miss the way my skin heated up, and my heart swelled with pure bliss whenever he touched me, talked to me, kissed me – just stood next to me.

Angelo and Nicola don't even stand outside my door anymore. I haven't seen them in weeks, and my heart breaks further each time I think about how I might never see them again.

What am I even saying? I'm already heartbroken enough with Vincenzo just leaving me like that. I've been throwing myself a fucking pity party for the past three weeks for crying out loud.

Vincenzo pulled me into his warm embrace and showed me something extraordinary, something I actually desired every waking moment of the day. He showed me his love. I want him back. I want him back so badly. He made me want no one other than him.

I miss the way he used to look at me when he was happy to be around me. The way he looked at me when he was overtaken by lust. Thpe way he looked at me when he got jealous and protective.

My apartment feels unfamiliar and colder than before. I found comfort and warmth in a place where Vincenzo resided, and now that he isn't here, it feels so wrong, so cold.

I tried calling him just to hear his voice again, but he just let most of my calls go to voicemail. Texting him led me nowhere either, so I've just stopped trying to get in contact with him.

Is this what it feels like to have your heart broken?

How do people even live through this?

It's horrible.

Unlike me, my father was over the moon when I told him that Vincenzo and I were over. He was so happy that he even set me up on a date for tonight.

Vincenzo no longer wants to hear from me, so I will no longer think of him. It's time I fix myself up and forget about the devilish Italian man.

· · · · ·

I finish tying the laces of my white sneakers and stand up from my bed. I'd be lying if I said I put much effort into my appearance. An oversized football jersey is lazily tucked into the back of my baggy jeans so the front is tucked out.

I just got my hair done, so I decided to let my braids loose for the night and laid down my edges. In the mirror, I look like an ordinary girl. I rushed myself into growing up, so it's time I take my youth back and live a little.

I walk out of my room and hear a soft knock at my door. My eyes widen as I run to the door, my heart beating faster as I anticipate seeing his face on the other side of the door. I pull the door back with an expectant smile only to be disappointed.

“Uhm... hey?” The tall guy standing outside my apartment seems confused while I'm disappointed. “Is this where Nyx Manson lives?” He asks while looking me over.