Number Neighbor

Los Angeles, California
November 16th, 2020
Warnings: None

"Come on, come on, come on." Alissa repeated as she continued to drag me through her house.

"Girl, would you chill?? I can walk you know."

"Shhh." She shushed me. Once we got to the table I noticed some other people sitting around. "Truth, dare, drink."

"Ali, no-"

"Come on, please?" She begged. Rolling my eyes I caved in.

"Okay, fine. How do we even do this anyways?"

"Someone asks you a truth or dare and if you don't want to do it, you drink." She pointed to the bottle of tequila in the center of the table.  As we all sat in the circle people began to ask questions.

"Dani, truth or dare?" I hummed in response as I thought. By now I had drank a few times, and ontop of my drinks before I was beginning to run out of my alcohol tolerance.

"Mmmmmm... dare."

"Text You're number neighbor." Matthew responded.

"What the fuck is that?" I looked at him, clueless.

"Sweet baby Jesus." Ali spoke. "Give me your phone." I nodded and pulled it from my back pocket, handing it to her. She held it in front of my face, unlocking it. Before I knew it she was handing it back to me, a number typed into it. "Text."

"K." I gave a short respond before typing.

HeeLooooOo:)))))))

I smiled in confirmation and hit send. I then shut the device off and sat it on the table.

Next morning

As I opened my eyes I immediately slammed them shut. Big mistake. I groaned as I slowly sat up in my bed. "Alexa." My voice was hoarse, I was probably yelling last night. "Dim windows."

"Dimming bedroom windows." I slowly opened my eyes and let the adjust. As I looked around for my phone I noticed it on the nightstand, plugged in. Thank the lord for you, Alissa Monroe. As my eyes traveled further there was a glass of water and a bottle of ibuprofen. I took two before picking up the paper beside them.

Drink and take when you wake up. Lunch before my flight? -Ali

I smiled and laid back in the bed, waiting for the pills to take affect. About 10 minutes later my phone vibrated. I sat up once again and picked it up. I clicked on the message and saw a number I only recognized it as it was my number but slightly different.

Unknown?
Good morning:)

You
Uh hi?

You
Who are you??

Unknown?
Right😂

Unknown?
You texted me last night. Based on your message I assumed you were drunk?

You
Very.

You
And now I'm regretting every decision I made last night.

Unknown?
I'm sure.

You
Anyways, I'm sorry for disturbing your night.

You
But technically you could've just left me on read.

Unknown?
I only do that to people I don't like... and my manager