Late night calls

Los Angeles, California
November 17th, 2020
Warnings: None

As I sat at the table with Alissa we chatted with one another about random topics.

"Jelo and Ben?" She asked curiously.

"Oh, yeah. For sure."

"No way. I think she'll come to her senses and leave Ben behind."

"Mark my words, Alison Danseur. By the end of this year." She chuckled at my words. "Hey, I'll be right back. I'm gonna head to the restroom." She nodded and I got up. Did I actually have to use the bathroom? No.

You
Lunch consisted of a chicken sandwich with avocado and other shit I don't remember.

Hailee
Sounds heavenly.

You
How are you're meetings?

Hailee
Dreadful

You
Well, I need to get back to Ali so text me when you're done?

Hailee
Did you sneak off to the bathroom just to text me?

You
Maybe

Hailee
That's cute.

Hailee
Have fun.

You
mmhmm

I shook my head as I slipped my phone into my pocket and left the bathroom. When I got back the check was on the table, already paid.

"You said you'd let me pay for your goodbye meal!"

"I lied." Ali smirked and shrugged her shoulders. I rolled my eyes and picked up my bag.

Once we were in the car I let Ali pick the music. Which I slightly regretted. As I drove to the airport we screamed the lyrics of Taylor Swift. That's why I was regretting it. Not because of Taylor, the fact I have to scream. Because if you're not screaming Taylor Swift then what are you doing?

Once the song changed to a more relaxing one I took a sip of water to ease my throat. Hearing my phone ding in the cup holder, I asked Ali to look.

"Answer that, please." She grabbed it and unlocked it.

"Meetings Are done, i also ordered a nice chicken avocado sandwich thanks to a recc from my favorite person. With a kissy face." Ali read allowed. "Wait, who even is this chick?"

"A friend." I ignored her suggestive looks in my peripheral vision. "Text her, this girl... she sounds pretty cool."

"This is cringe." Ali commented but typed away. "She said, she is, very."

"Say, could I get her number?"

"Oh good lord." I rolled my eyes at her words causing her to chuckle. "Sorry, Shes mine for the keeping."

"Leave her on read." I chuckled and she placed the phone back.

"So, seriously. Who is this girl?"

"That number I texted last night. She texted me this morning and we've been texting since." I shrugged.

"You mean you've been talking to a stranger??"

"No, not exactly." She went to retaliate but as Taylor's voice flooded the car she started to scream the words.