Chapter 27: Building

The doctors had rushed her out quickly to run her through every test they could. As soon as they were certain they came back to talk to Ethan. He explained to multiple doctors what had happened and his theory on the cure as well.  "Logic helped break the anchor, the intrusion will have memories with it that aren't the victims. Once the intrusion gets shaken enough to start spilling its own memories you will find the breaking point in the memories of the intrusion. The right combination of logic, and force will snap it's hold and free the victims mind."

       "Filer's can help this happen?" One doctor asked

      "Only the filer's that everyone has deemed too weak to be of use." He sighed " I am referred to as a Zeta Filer." The doctors thanked him then turned to leave "wait, I want to see Reynolds again." They nodded and showed him to the community room where she was sitting and looking out the window. "They drugged her?" He turned to the doctor and grabbed his arm, "why?"

      "It wasn't my choice, one of the attending physicians assessed that it was possible for her to loose control and be a danger to others."

    "Which attending physician?"

    "His name is Burk, he is the one who oversees all the other doctors in the whole facility, he can override anyone and we can't question."

    "So who gave her the injection?" Ethan was getting annoyed at the lengthy runaround and mansplaining.

      "I did so under the direction..."

      "So you doped her up because you have no balls and just did what you were told to do. And Burk ordered it because of something she had no control over that is gone and not an issue anymore that might, by some slim chance cause her to possibly loose her temper?" He glared "did I get it right?"

      A young doctor came up to them and folded his arms angrily "Yes" he scowled at Ethan who pulled out his com and dialed Theus, gesturing for him to just listen "and what are you going to do about it, I am the attending physician here, I am in charge here... and I have determined that she is best sedated. Last thing we need is a pissed off emotional female that can't seem to get it together or keep it together because..." he added a whining tone to mock her "...someone hurt her feelings."

      Ethan glanced at the com and Theus responded "already taken care of my love, see you at home soon?"

      "Yes." He winked and clicked off the com

      "Any and all communications in this section are subject to screening," he looked up and down Ethan then held out his hand demanding the com be handed over "so who was that?"

      "That was my man and boy toy, one of the personal bodyguards to the Vice President" the computer buzzed behind them. "And that is your termination paperwork."

       The doctor turned to scan the report coming in through the computer then turned back to look at him "surprising..."

     "That I am someone with connections or that I am someone who won't stand by and let assholes like you hurt innocent people who are just trying to heal."

      "No, that someone..." he grimaced at him "like you would be allowed to..."

       A female came up behind him "I wouldn't finish that if I were you." She gestured to the security guard's behind her "escort this asshole out please." She turned to Ethan "I am doctor Rye and I just got a promotion." She smiled "I take it I get to thank you for that?"

       "Congratulations." Ethan smiled

      Doctor Rye walked over and gave Ms Reynolds an injection "this should counter things, and free her up."