What we didn't care to know

"Why are people staring at us?" Will whispered. He didn't like all the attention that was put on him. Tightening his grip on Mike made him feel a little better.

"Because you're with me" Mike said grabbing Will a tray. "I'm quite popular around these parts" he said stating the obvious

Mike guided him through the tubs of food piling whatever looked good enough to eat on his tray.

"Woah! I can't afford all this!" Will yelled putting the drink Mike gave him back. Mike grabbed the drink and put it back on Will's tray.

"I'll pay. Like I said friendly thing to do" Mike said.

"Don't do that. I don't wanna be in debt to you" Will said.

"Debt? Friends aren't in debt to each other? Haven't your other friends told you anything about that?" Mike guided Will to the cashier.

"Sorry" Will gulped. "I don't have many friends"

"You're so lucky you have me" Mike said, handing money to the lunch cashier.

Will nodded as more people stared as he walked by. He wasn't used to all this attention. It felt unnecessary.

"Hey guys meet my new friend!" Mike said grabbing Will again, making him trip a little. The kids he already knew awkwardly waved to him, he did the same in return.

Will sat next to Max who gave him a sweet look. Mike sat next to Will not leaving him for a second. Max glared at him. She probably thought this was one of his sick games again.

"Friend?" Lucas whispered to Mike.

"Yeah, I'm trying out this new thing called not being a bitch" Mike whispered back. Lucas scoffed.

"Is this part of you plan or something? Cause that's what Dustin thinks it is" He said.

"Don't worry about it. I have a lot of things going through my head right now" Mike said. "Just tell Dustin what he wants to hear" Lucas nodded as his instructions were given.

Mike turned back to Will who was talking to Max. "Are you coming over again today for the project?" He asked interrupting their conversation. Max looked hella annoyed as she was cut off but gave it up as Will told her to calm down.

"We could meet today, Saturday, and Sunday. So that we can finish the project by Monday and be done with it." Will said. The plan seemed decent to Will but Mike had other thoughts which caused him to groan loudly.

"We should work today, Monday, and Tuesday. Leave the weekend for fun" He said.

"Weekends are boring for me, i'll do what I want and you do you" Will argued.

"Whatever makes you happy, love" Mike shrugged. Will looked disgusted at the name he was called.

"My name is Will, not love" the name dripped from his mouth.

"But I like it better" Mike said.

"Well I don't" Will folded his arms. They bickered for a while before Max stopped them.